FS: 6' Grizzly Metal Lathe

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Chris Olka
pro musician
pro musician

FS: 6' Grizzly Metal Lathe

Post by Chris Olka »

Hey folks, up for sale is one of the most affordable and simultaneously best investments you might make as a tuba player. It's a Grizzly 6' metal lathe. I'm the second owner and this thing has provided years of trouble-free service while pursuing various interests including: mouthpiece design and alteration, cutting and fabricating various parts and tubing for tuba projects, and gunsmithing...yes...gunsmithing. Arguably, the last one might very well be the most lucrative...

Anyway, with my impending move to Cincinnati, I've decided to let this go rather than move it. Brand new it lists for around $4600. I'm asking $2500. It's in very good condition and only needs to be cleaned up, fluids changed and topped off, and a fuse for the light replaced. Other than that, it's ready to go.

A recent quick bit of research shows that it could be loaded into a 4x7 UHaul trailer and taken as far as Montana for $80. However, you'd need to rent a few tools, hoists, etc locally if you don't own them to load this thing up. It tips the scales at 1310lbs.

Another solution would be to find an equipment moving service and have them pick it up. I'm looking to get this moved ASAP, hence the low but firm price. I've probably learned more using this tool than any single other piece of gear I've ever owned...no exaggeration.

Thanks for looking,
Chris Olka
Cincinnati Symphony
Chris Olka
pro musician
pro musician

Re: FS: 6' Grizzly Metal Lathe

Post by Chris Olka »

Well, that was easy. Sold pending funds.
Chris Olka
Cincinnati Symphony