SOLD: 1916 Conn BBb Helicon SOLD

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
tofu
5 valves
5 valves

Re: For Sale: 1916 Conn BBb Helicon

Post by tofu »

Nice looking horn and still in the town where it was made. This would be a Conn 30K. I've got the couple years newer version. These play really well. Big tuba like sound, easy to blow, doesn't weigh much and balances nicely on your shoulder. Works well for traditional jazz - especially outside un-miked gigs. Intonation on these is good with the usual Conn flat middle C for which 1-3 works nicely.
Tubajug
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Tubajug »

Beautiful horn!
Jordan
King 2341 with a Holton "Monster" Eb bell
Eb Frankentuba
Martin Medium Eb Helicon

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving's probably not for you.
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

So cool...
I am committed to the advancement of civil rights, minus the Marxist intimidation and thuggery of BLM.
dmmorris
3 valves
3 valves
Location: From far away as Jupiter sulfur mines, way down by the methane sea.

Post by dmmorris »

Beauty ! Attractive Pricing !!
beta 14??..........OK!

Mid 70's B&S Tuba
Roger Lewis
pro musician
pro musician

Re: For Sale: 1916 Conn BBb Helicon $2250 OBO

Post by Roger Lewis »

Mark is an impeccable repair artist. He's the only person that I will allow to work on my horns. This horn is in fabulous condition considering its age. Well worth what he's asking. I can stop down there next week and play it down and give a full report then.

This is an excellent looking horn. More soon.
Roger
"The music business is a cruel and shallow trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S Thompson