FS: Kanstul 5490 Grand CC Tuba sold!

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Tom.Idzinsk
bugler
bugler

FS: Kanstul 5490 Grand CC Tuba sold!

Post by Tom.Idzinsk »

With a heavy heart I am selling my Kanstul Grand CC. Many great musicians play Kanstul tubas around the world; John Van Houten LA studio musician, Robert Carpenter Orlando Philharmonic, Avital Handler Israel Symphony Orchestra. I truly love this tuba but I am looking for a bigger 6/4 tuba. That is my only reason for selling. This Kanstul is by far the best one I have ever played. Full sound, great intonation, very accurate.

The tuba however in my time of having it has had some unfortunate accidents. The bell has a few creases that I have had rounded out and so does the bottom bow which I have also have rounded out. It isn't that I didn't take good care of it, just an unfortunate circumstance. IN NO WAY HAS THIS EFFECTED THE SOUND OR PLAY-ABILITY! I cannot stress this enough.

It is a 5/4 with a 19" bell, clear lacquer. The 5th rotor is a long 5 and I had a longer tuning slide made because I was playing in a band that played at 438 instead of 440. I have the original 5th valve slide and tuning slide which would be included with the purchase. This is their special alloy tuba that provides a clear projected sound that blends very well with ensembles and provides a solid foundation. These tubas retail new at $11,500. However because of the cosmetics I am asking for $9000. This would be the Tuba, the extra pipes and the gig bag. I will have it cleaned for purchase. I am located in Long Beach California. Open to trades. Pictures are bellow. Make me an offer!
PRICE DROP: $8000
http://s86.photobucket.com/user/tomidzinski/slideshow/" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank
Last edited by Tom.Idzinsk on Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tom.Idzinsk
bugler
bugler

Re: FS: Kanstul 5490 Grand CC Tuba

Post by Tom.Idzinsk »

Bump
Tom.Idzinsk
bugler
bugler

Post by Tom.Idzinsk »

Bump
Tom.Idzinsk
bugler
bugler

Post by Tom.Idzinsk »

JTubesMora
bugler
bugler

Post by JTubesMora »

The amount of core sound Tom gets on this horn is incredible. Someone will be very happy! :tuba:
VMI Neptune CC
Yamaha 822s F
B&S Symphonie F
Tom.Idzinsk
bugler
bugler

Post by Tom.Idzinsk »

Thanks Joe! and yes 438 will make you have to use the restroom often.
Tom.Idzinsk
bugler
bugler

Re: FS: Kanstul 5490 Grand CC Tuba PRICE DROP

Post by Tom.Idzinsk »

Bump!