King 2341

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Uncle Markie
bugler
bugler
Location: Highlands NJ - gateway to the Jersey Shore (Sandy Hook)

King 2341

Post by Uncle Markie »

Too many tubas so my King 2341 is up for sale. It is one of the first produced of the current model, and has been modified somewhat, including long ferrules now used in the current horn, the 2nd and 3rd slides have been shortened to bring things up to pitch (I used it in a symphony orchestra), the mouthpiece receiver has been changed for an Olds receiver that takes standard American shank mouthpieces, the previous owner had the valves vented and nylon valve guides installed. This horn does not have the detachable valveset - it soldered together completely. Some dent removal (bell dents from previous owner, etc.). All work was done by either Matt Walters or Ray Noguera - no "hacks". All the slides work perfectly, and the valves have been lapped in to be tight and fast. Horn was recently aligned and blows as it should. Comes with really nice Glenn Cronkite cordura softcase. King lacquer.

If you're thinking about one of these for yourself, or a student my firm price of $3500 is very reasonable considering the new ones list at nearly double that. Plus this one's really "set up" - other players who have tried this axe LOVE these valves.

Local pickup here in Highlands New Jersey (near Sandy Hook) only; I don't ship tubas in soft cases.

Photos via email upon request - just PM me and I'll get them right out to you.

Mark Heter
Mark Heter
1926 Martin Handcraft 3v upright bell front action ; 1933 Martin Handcraft 3v bellfront; King 2341 (old style); King top-action 3v; Bach (King) fiberglass sousaphone.
Uncle Markie
bugler
bugler
Location: Highlands NJ - gateway to the Jersey Shore (Sandy Hook)

Re: King 2341

Post by Uncle Markie »

SOLD.
Mark Heter
1926 Martin Handcraft 3v upright bell front action ; 1933 Martin Handcraft 3v bellfront; King 2341 (old style); King top-action 3v; Bach (King) fiberglass sousaphone.