**SOLD** Sterling Virtuoso IV with Tuning Trigger and Case

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
blastemokid
bugler
bugler

**SOLD** Sterling Virtuoso IV with Tuning Trigger and Case

Post by blastemokid »

I'm selling my sterling, as I just switched to a miraphone 5050. It's the model with the trigger and heavy 4th valve cap. Located in Chicago, IL.

It was just serviced/cleaned by the fabulous Dana Hofer. Price is 5,000 and includes Marcus Bonna case as well as the original hard case. Also, I just noticed that the zip-off music bag isn't currently on the Bonna case, but it will be included. The valves are in great shape, the horn is in great shape. There is one small ding in the bell that I have tried to show from both sides. It was present when I purchased the horn.

Buyer pays actual shipping.

Here are the answers to some questions that have been asked, as the horn is posted on Dave Werden's forum as well:

1) I purchased it in 2012 from its original owner. (Via tube net) I am the second owner. It was originally purchased new from custom music in 2009.

2) What is the diameter and weight/composition (heavy red brass, heavy yellow, standard red, standard yellow, sterling silver, copper, etc.) of the bell?
-It has a 12" Heavy Red Brass Bell

3) Do the bottom bow and branches have protective caps, guard wires, or both?
-The branch and bottom bow have both protective caps and guard wires.

4) Is the leadpipe soldered to the bell, off the bell with a center brace, of off the bell with no center brace?
-The leadpipe is off the bell with the center brace.

5) Does it have the heavy or the standard valve bottom caps? Do the bottom caps for 1-3 have nipples?
-There is a heavy valve cap on the fourth valve. The valve caps on the first second and third valves are standard with nipples.

6) Does the trigger stop rod point up or down?
-The stop rod points up.

7) Is the trigger adjustment barrel have the quick-release (thumb screw) or is it screw-on?
-The barrel screws on.

8) Does the 2nd valve tuning slide have the pull ring or Amado waterkey?
-Pull ring.

9) Is the false piece Besson style (attaches in front of the inner branch on the bell side) or Yamaha style (attaches to the side of the inner branch)?
-Besson style.

Thoughts? Questions?

I can be reached at 773-322-6621, or mike <at> inversesquareav <dot> com

Thanks!
Mike

Photos are located here:

Last edited by blastemokid on Mon May 01, 2017 2:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.
blastemokid
bugler
bugler

Re: For Sale: Sterling Virtuoso IV with Tuning Trigger and

Post by blastemokid »

Yeah, sorry about that. I didn't expect them to show up that size, I swear! Phone cameras have come a long way, I guess. :shock:
blastemokid
bugler
bugler

Post by blastemokid »

Last edited by blastemokid on Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
blastemokid
bugler
bugler

Post by blastemokid »

Bump.
blastemokid
bugler
bugler

Post by blastemokid »

Reasonable offers considered.
MEWienand
bugler
bugler

Post by MEWienand »

This is a beautiful horn and plays very well. I have sat next to the owner in rehearsals for the last 3 years. It is a Fantastic horn. And the owner has treated it as amazing as I have ever seen anyone treat their horn.
Mark
Mark Wienand
Willson 2900s Euphonium
Yamaha 87D Horn
Desert Winds Freedom Band
LGBA Brass
blastemokid
bugler
bugler

Post by blastemokid »

I was asked for a couple photos where the tuning trigger attaches to the 3rd valve slide, so here they are.

Reasonable offers entertained.

blastemokid
bugler
bugler

Post by blastemokid »

Bump.
blastemokid
bugler
bugler

Post by blastemokid »