SOLD: B&S Neptune 6/4 CC for sale in London, UK

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
jgawn
lurker
lurker

SOLD: B&S Neptune 6/4 CC for sale in London, UK

Post by jgawn »

MANY THANKS FOR YOUR INTEREST BUT THE TUBA IS NOW SOLD.

I am selling my B&S 4098GL Mel Culbertson Neptune Tuba. This is Wyvern's old instrument (before he purchased his hand made version) and I'm sure from his many previous posts discussing this horn pre 2009 it will need no introduction to many of you. I am selling this magnificent instrument due to a change in personal circumstances which will require me to downsize my cc tuba.

Below are some extracts from Wyvern's add in 2009 describing this particular instrument.

'This is a really wonderful tuba with beautiful rich tone that I have had complimented in virtually every band and orchestra where it has been played. It has real presence when required and puts a broad foundation under any group with which it is part – in effect it makes the band, or orchestra sound better! Despite its large size, it is actually a relatively easy tuba to play – truly a 6/4 which handles like a 4/4.

It has trigger on the 2nd valve, but I have rarely used as intonation is excellent throughout the range. The Neptune comes with two leadpipes marked M and L. The M pipe which I mostly use provides a classic American BAT like tone, while the L pipe broadens the sound to more like a German Kaiser. So almost like having two tubas in one!

The Neptune comes in blue Götz top loading gig bag.

I understand that the playing of different Neptune’s does vary, but this is one of the VERY BEST – it was hand picked from the factory by Mark Carter of Mr.Tuba. Whoever buys this, will I’m sure be very happy indeed with the Christmas present of their dreams! :)'

The tuba has since been owned by Josh Bolton from the Band of the Royal Air Force College and has been played on professionally since. I purchased it from Josh earlier this year as I have been a huge fan of this particular instrument for some time but moving from a Besson 995 to a Neptune I have discovered that this is too much tuba for most of my existing commitments. So unfortunately I am having to let it go to buy something smaller as the majority of my existing work is in the pit.

I hope to post pictures ASAP.

The tuba is located in Ickenham, Middlesex and comes with both lead pipes, a gig bag and a brand new hard case.

Please PM me for more information.

Best Wishes

Jonathan Gawn
Last edited by jgawn on Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rumblebuffin
lurker
lurker

Re: FS: B&S Neptune 6/4 CC for sale in London, UK

Post by Rumblebuffin »

Hello Jon,
I've tried PM you but I don't think it went through.
Is it still for sale?
City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra
Birmingham Contemporary Music Group

Besson New Standard EEb 4v comp.
Besson Sovereign EEb 982
B&S Neptune CC
B&S GR51 BBb
B&S 6v F
Besson Leviathan F 4v comp.
Meinl-Weston 42 F cimbasso
jgawn
lurker
lurker

Post by jgawn »

It is indeed Graham. I've PM'd you back this morning. I've had some interested but just enquiries so far. Hope you're well.
jgawn
lurker
lurker

Post by jgawn »

Thanks for all your enquiries but the instrument is now on hold.