SOLD 5/4 Rudy Meinl CC

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
yetituba1
bugler
bugler

SOLD 5/4 Rudy Meinl CC

Post by yetituba1 »

For sale: exceptional 5/4 Rudolph Meinl 5 valve CC tuba. $8000. Includes Alteri gig bag. Lots of people say nice things about the 5/4 Rudy CC's, but this is really a very special one. Good, even response in all registers.VERY good intonation. Awesome low end. I've used it in orchestra, wind band, chamber, etc. For a tuba this big, its quite versatile I'm just looking to go in a different direction. I'd keep it if I could. Many people have said this is the best 5 valve 5/4 Rudy CC they have ever played! (its really good!)

1st vale is vented. Valves 3,4 have been turned to match rotational flow of valves 1, 2. Saturn water key installed. I took the lacquer off the bell several years ago, and it made an already responsive tuba even better. Newer, big, comfy Rudy thumb ring. No second valve kicker, but you don't need it for this tuba. A few, minor ding, typical on all large tubas.

I'd keep it if I could. I'm looking to go in a different direction and need the funds to do that.

Tuba is located in Buffalo, NY. Will ship if needed, but would prefer local pick-up. Also willing to drive a reasonable distance to accommodate buyer.

please e-mail with questions
travishendra AT yahoo DOT com
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by yetituba1 on Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:39 pm, edited 7 times in total.
bisontuba
6 valves
6 valves

Re: WTT: my 5/4 Rudy CC for large CC

Post by bisontuba »

Willie Clark's old Rudi......GREAT tuba!!
yetituba1
bugler
bugler

Post by yetituba1 »

From an earlier thread from Matt at Dillon regarding the rare beast:

"None of the parts for this tuba came from China. I wish I could buy all the raw parts from China."

Not that I have anything against the Chineese tubas, I've played some very fine examples of them. It's just not what I'm looking for at the moment. Thanks for your input though!
bisontuba
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bisontuba »

Bump.....
yetituba1
bugler
bugler

Post by yetituba1 »

off the market, for now.
yetituba1
bugler
bugler

Re: Fs: 5/4 Rudy Meinl CC

Post by yetituba1 »

Bump!
Back on the market! I'd love to move this ASAP. It's really a great one, just need the funds for something else
yetituba1
bugler
bugler

Post by yetituba1 »

Would also be open to trading for a Meinl Weston 2165
yetituba1
bugler
bugler

Post by yetituba1 »

BUMP
lucascook
lurker
lurker

Post by lucascook »

Email Sent
yetituba1
bugler
bugler

Post by yetituba1 »

BUMP! Would love to trade this for a 2165!
yetituba1
bugler
bugler

Post by yetituba1 »

BUMP!

Back up for sale