SOLD: Meinl Weston 2182 $8000 OBO

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
thevillagetuba
4 valves
4 valves

SOLD: Meinl Weston 2182 $8000 OBO

Post by thevillagetuba »

SOLD

As the title says, I'm putting my Meinl Weston 2182 up for sale. Because it is often asked, I am not selling this horn for any reason related to not liking it (in fact, it's a great horn I would be happy to keep) but because I have the opportunity to get a horn that does not often come up for sale and is a model that I have been searching for.

I am the third owner and the original owner was Alan Baer. There were some modifications that were done by Alan when he had the horn which are below:

2" added to 5th valve slide
1 1/2" added to main tuning slide
New leadpipe (don't remember anything else about the leadpipe other than it is not the stock one)
Baer PVAK

I have also added a Saturn water key to the main slide which helped to get horn to feel more even in the extreme registers: the lower range no longer has such a wide sound out after the Eb below the staff (so this made the D to C really easy to go to at quicker speeds, especially at louder dynamics) and the higher range above the C above the staff also feels better blended with the rest of the horn now (and it slots just a little easier).

The horn also comes with a month-old Cronkhite gigbag. The lacquer is in perfect condition except around the joints that were hit with a torch during modification and some scratches on the top bow where one would rest their arm/hand. There are a few dents on the bottom bow which will be shown in pictures. Lacquer blemishes and dents where on the horn when I received and are only noticeable up close.

Price for this horn is $8000 OBO as I want to sell this quickly in order to acquire the other horn. Shipping will be at the cost of the buyer, though there is no hard case and I do not have the materials to ship the horn, so expect shipping to be a decent amount. I will discuss meeting up with the buyer to deliver the horn to them to ensure the horn is not damaged on its way to you.

Feel free to contact me with any questions.

SOLD
Last edited by thevillagetuba on Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
Robert S. Pratt
B.M., M.M. Tuba Performance
Getzen G60 prototype
thevillagetuba
4 valves
4 valves

Re: FS: Meinl Weston 2182 $8500 OBO

Post by thevillagetuba »

Bump for getting pictures into the ad.
Robert S. Pratt
Getzen G60 prototype
thevillagetuba
4 valves
4 valves

Re: FS: Meinl Weston 2182 $8500 OBO

Post by thevillagetuba »

Bump. :tuba: I am getting impatient with regards to this new horn, so I have lowered the price some (now $8000). I will also listen to reasonable offers.
Robert S. Pratt
Getzen G60 prototype
ryschnei
bugler
bugler

Re: FS: Meinl Weston 2182 $8000 OBO

Post by ryschnei »

PM sent
thevillagetuba
4 valves
4 valves