Miraphone CC1293-5S tuba and Mirphone M5050 Ambassador euph

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Kevin Elliott
lurker
lurker

Miraphone CC1293-5S tuba and Mirphone M5050 Ambassador euph

Post by Kevin Elliott »

Earlier this week several of the Southern California TubaChristmas coordinators were contacted by Darlene Brueggeman, a widow seeking guidance in selling her husband’s recently purchased tuba and euphonium. I gave her a call and learned that her husband was an enthusiastic amateur musician who, after watching several TubaChristmases, decided to give tuba and euphonium a try. Last Spring, he purchased a Miraphone CC1293-5S tuba and a Miraphone M5050 Ambassador euphonium but he did not get a chance to really play either of them.

1. Miraphone CC 1293-5S Professional Tuba Silver Plated with a Jakob Winter Case ($11,700 OBO)
Key: CC
Size: 5/4
Bore: .772-.835" (19.6-21.2mm)
Bell: 19.7" (500mm)
Bell Material: Yellow brass
Bell Position: Upright
Number of Valves: 5
Valve Position: Front
Valve Type: 4 pistons with extra-large 5th rotor

2. Miraphone M5050 Ambassador Series Compensating Euphonium Silver with Tuning Trigger ($8,600 OBO)
Key: Bb
Bore: .610-inch to .638-inch Conical Bore
Bell: 12.20-inch
Bell Material: Yellow Brass
Bell Position: Upright
Valves: Stainless Steel Piston
Number of Valves: 4
Valve Position: Traditional (3 Top + 1 Side)
System: Compensating
Features: Heavy Weight Mouthpiece Receiver; Gold Brass Leadpipe; Ergonomic Design
Case: Yes
Mouthpiece: Miraphone BT16
Mouthpiece Shank: Large

Darlene is working on getting some pictures of these horns and I will post them once they are available. In the meantime, a google search of new horns should give you an idea of what these look like.

If you are interested in purchasing one or both of these instruments, you may contact Darlene directly at bouldergal2 AT gmail.com or call (858) 456-4053. She is based in the San Diego area (La Jolla) and would prefer to sell locally (Southern California) to avoid the hassle of shipping. You are also welcome to e-mail me (kelliott AT tcd.ie) but as I am based in Salem, Massachusetts my first-hand knowledge is limited.

Thank you in advance on behalf of Darlene and Merry TubaChristmas!

Kevin Elliott
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Kevin Elliott
Miraphone 186 BB♭
King Sousaphone