FS or FT: 1923 Buescher Eb 3 valve Helicon

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Bigmanontuba
bugler
bugler

FS or FT: 1923 Buescher Eb 3 valve Helicon

Post by Bigmanontuba »

Hello tuba world. I am putting up my Buescher Eb helicon for sale or trade.

Plays well. Does have some dings and dent on bows. But all in all, the horn is straight. Bell is perfect. There is an extra engraving showing that the horn was once owned by a mason being the engraving is "Alahambra Grotto St. Louis, MO."

Again, I have used this horn for gigs. I am looking for a BBb sousa of marching horns for more punch and soloing. Will trade for BBb sousa or Marching tuba. Will sell for $800. No case but it does come with neck and bit. Will throw in a smaller shank mouthpiece for horn. Would like local pick up for will deliver for a bit extra cash. No case, hence why i really do not want to ship this. It is located in Saint Louis, MO.

Will work out a meeting half way for some extra cash if bought.
http://stlouis.craigslist.org/msg/5950208530.html" target="_blank" target="_blank
For pictures please pm me. Having issues up loading.
Last edited by Bigmanontuba on Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CERVENY ARION KAISER BBb-TUBA CBB 793-4RX (On Loan) with a Conn Helleberg
Jinbao Bass Trombone with a Schilke 60
Bigmanontuba
bugler
bugler

Re: FS or FT: 1923 Buescher Eb 3 valve Helicon

Post by Bigmanontuba »

bloke wrote:
The Bad:
Number 3 and main tuning slides are stuck.
If you have some craftsman-related skills, some hand strength, and are willing to attempt this, try twisting each of those slides (rather than pulling or yanking on them) both clockwise and counterclockwise. Quite often, that will break slides free - particularly if they are frozen via dried up slide grease, rather than with lime deposits. If lime deposits are freezing the slides - but those deposits are relatively light, the twisting action could still free those slides. Obviously, the amount of twist should be limited...yet firm enough to subtly move them. The beginning of creaking noises would obviously indicate the farthest they would be twisted.

Good luck! Freeing those slides could (??) - perhaps, in someone's view - increase the $$$ value. :D
Bump. With wise advice from Bloke, all slides are free and lubed. Horn plays great and in tune.
Bigmanontuba
bugler
bugler

Post by Bigmanontuba »

Bump
Bigmanontuba
bugler
bugler

Post by Bigmanontuba »

Bump. I am really interested in a BBb sousa, starting a trad jazz band and would be nice.
Bigmanontuba
bugler
bugler

Post by Bigmanontuba »

On hold pending trade