FS: Both Horns Sold

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
shawnv
lurker
lurker

FS: Both Horns Sold

Post by shawnv »

Hello All,

I am putting up for sale my Wisemann DTU-900 5/4 C Tuba and my Mack Brass F. The Wisemann is a copy of the B&S PT6P and the Mack Brass F is a copy of the PT-10. These horns have served me well through college but I am now looking to sell them.

For the Wisemann there are two moderate dents in the bottom bottom bow accompanied by a few minor dents. I can assure you these are not any kind of "Magic Dents," I just haven't had the time (or funds) to take care of them myself. There is also some lacquer wear in the top bow. These can be seen in the pictures that I've included. This horn also fits MAW Valves, which make the horn play very well. The valves have been aligned using O-Rings and Brass Washers as well as aligning the 5th valve rotor with new bumpers.

The Mack Brass F has also sustained a few very minor dents in the bottom bow and one in the bell. These are also included in the pictures. Several of the bumpers have been replaced to ensure the rotors are properly aligned.

There is also a set of MAW Valves for sale. They have been lapped to better fit the Wisemann, and they work very well on the Wisemann. I have added photos for the MAW Valves and Stock Valves. I have also included a link to Martin Wilk's website for additional reading on these great valves.

Horns are located in Dayton, Ohio and buyer pays shipping. Now $5,000 for the Wisemann without MAW Valves, down from $5,250. The Mack Brass F is now $2,500 which is down from $2,750. Any interested buyers can reach me at shawnv95@yahoo.com" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank

Photos of the Wisemann
https://goo.gl/photos/dMGqqQngs12Ps7dHA" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank

Photos of Mack Brass F
https://goo.gl/photos/djZ6gEmYi4HzzBeYA" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank

Photos of Cases
https://goo.gl/photos/jzush2phamu1kiPAA" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank
Last edited by shawnv on Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:08 pm, edited 5 times in total.
thevillagetuba
4 valves
4 valves

Re: For Sale Wisemann DTU-900 and Mack Brass F

Post by thevillagetuba »

I know both of these horns very well and will offer some insight and my opinions on them.

Wisemann 900L

This plays like your average Wisemann with the stock valves, but the MAW valves turn this horn into a different animal entirely. As some of you know, I used to have a PT6P and I played it side by side with this horn a few times to see how they compared. I've heard that my horn was not your average PT6P, so this Wisemann had a lot to prove. With the stock valves, I didn't think it played as well as my horn (which had MAW valves in it at the time), but when you switch those out for the MAW valves, the horn closed the gap fairly quickly. Did I prefer my PT6P? Yes, I did, but for about $8k less that horn really does appeal. This Wisemann does have longer slides than the other (possibly older?) ones that I have played which meant there was enough slide for me to comfortably play low Eb 134 and pull whereas I had to have my PT6Ps slides lengthened. If I were looking for a PT6P and hoping to find one used, I would seriously look at this as an option.

Mack TU540 F

About a year ago, I owned a GDR Perantucci (PT10) and got to play that side by side with some of these Mack copies (not this particular one, but bear with me). One of them sounded really close to my PT10 (under the bell) and one of them played as well as my PT10 (which had a pretty accessible low C). The one that played as well was an older horn with the newer sounding closer, but not playing as well. The one that is for sale here is right between those two horns: it's easy to play with minimal effort needed to learn and maintain the low C and with a sound that is hard to distinguish from the original. Now, as with my PT10, I have heard that I had a better than average horn (I liked it better than the newer ones, but everyone says that their horn is "better than average" so take that as you will) and am comparing it to that one. Listening back to recordings of two Mack Fs and my PT10 being played back to back, I can only tell which one is mine because I know the order they were played in as they sounded pretty close to the same horn in the hall we used. As with the Wisemann, I were looking to find a used PT10/15, I would seriously consider this horn (and at around $8k less than a new PT10, you can't go wrong).

I have recordings of someone (can't tell if it is myself, the owner of the horn, or a fellow studio-mate and I didn't write it down) playing this Wisemann side-by-side with my PT6P on some excerpts (not amazing playing, regardless of who it is, but something that would test different aspects of the horns) that I can send to interested parties. Both of these horns are in great playing condition and only have cosmetic bumps and bruises--the valves are all smooth and the slides are easy to move. If anyone has any questions about these, feel free to reach out to me, as well, and I will do my best to answer honestly.
Robert S. Pratt
B.M., M.M. Tuba Performance
Getzen G60 prototype
shawnv
lurker
lurker

Post by shawnv »

Thanks for the endorsement Robert.
ECUorchbound
bugler
bugler

Post by ECUorchbound »

Does the Wisemann come with a case/bag?
Jacob Daniel

Freelance Musician and Educator
B&S PT-6
shawnv
lurker
lurker

Post by shawnv »

Both horns come with the semi hard case. The Wisemann also has a Gard gig bag that I can throw in at no extra charge, however, the gig bag has a broken strap. I'm told that it could be taken to a luggage repair shop and fixed for a fee. Considering the cost of gig bags for tubas it'd almost have to be cheaper than a new bag but I've not looked into it personally. I'll include pictures of the cases as well as the MAW Valves sometime this week.
shawnv
lurker
lurker

Post by shawnv »

Appreciate the comments Bloke.

I have updated the post to include photos of the MAW Valves, Stock Valves, and Cases. There are currently photos of two cases included, the F Tuba Semi Hard case and the Gard Gig Bag. I will add the photos of the Wisemann Semi Hard case this weekend or next. There is also a link to Martin Wilk's website for those interested in reading up on his valves.
shawnv
lurker
lurker

Re: FS: Reduced Price Wisemann DTU-900 and Mack F

Post by shawnv »

Bump for dropped price. Now $5,000.
shawnv
lurker
lurker

Re: FS: Wisemann Sold and Mack F Reduced Price

Post by shawnv »

Bump for Wisemann Sale and Mack F Price Drop to $2,500.
arpthark
5 valves
5 valves

Post by arpthark »

Just some confusion from your title - has the Wisemann sold or are you just putting it on "sale" (lowering the price)?
thevillagetuba
4 valves
4 valves

Post by thevillagetuba »

He has sold the Wisemann and the MAW valves. The Reduced price is on the MackBrass F (now $2500).
Robert S. Pratt
B.M., M.M. Tuba Performance
Getzen G60 prototype
arpthark
5 valves
5 valves

Post by arpthark »

Thanks Robert. Just clarifying for other interested parties!
RoosterTuba
bugler
bugler

Post by RoosterTuba »

Is the Mack F still up for sale?
Stefan Roose

GA Butler University
Wisemann 5/4 CC Tuba
Mack Brass "PT-15"