FS/FT: Wessex Travel CC Tuba Mighty Gnome

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
flyingdogs
bugler
bugler

FS/FT: Wessex Travel CC Tuba Mighty Gnome

Post by flyingdogs »

I have a Mighty Gnome CC tuba that I bought in October of last year from Wessex. I've practiced on it a few times and have used in on a few Octoberfest gigs, but I realize that it would be much more convenient for me to have a travel Eb, since Eb is my main horn. The horn is still in the condition it came in and comes with its semi-hard case and the mouthpiece that came with it (looks like a 24AW copy maybe).

Some pictures here: http://imgur.com/a/e97AN" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank

I might be interested in selling or for another trade, if anyone's got any good ideas or anything they want to offer, but mainly interested in the Bubbie 5. I'm located in Southern California. Looking for about $1400 + shipping.

Thanks!
Last edited by flyingdogs on Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
TubaSailor
bugler
bugler

Re: FT: Wessex Travel CC Tuba for Travel Eb/F

Post by TubaSailor »

What would you ask for it in a sale? I'm in N. San Diego County.
T
Rudy RMC50
Rudy 4345R
Mira 181-6GB
Gronitz BBb Kaiser (for sale)
Custom Kanstul 1662
King 4B
York pea-shooter
French Tuba in C
flyingdogs
bugler
bugler

Re: FS/FT: Wessex Travel CC Tuba Mighty Gnome

Post by flyingdogs »

Sunday bump :tuba:
flyingdogs
bugler
bugler

Post by flyingdogs »

Bump
flyingdogs
bugler
bugler

Post by flyingdogs »

Bump. Would also be interested in a trade for old Eb (3 or 4 valves) + cash (possibly).
bigtubby
4 valves
4 valves

Post by bigtubby »

What is the fatal flaw in these instruments? They seem to show up frequently on the used market within a couple of years of their introduction and some retailers are selling them new at less than half of their "retail value".
American sailboats, airplanes, banjos, guitars and flutes ...
Italian motorcycles and cars ...
German cameras and tubas ...
Life is Good.
The Big Ben
6 valves
6 valves

Post by The Big Ben »

bigtubby wrote:What is the fatal flaw in these instruments? They seem to show up frequently on the used market within a couple of years of their introduction and some retailers are selling them new at less than half of their "retail value".
The tournisters are "novelty instruments". One doesn't buy one to be a "do it all" instrument. If it's for a small German band in a small room, the crowd might enjoy looking at the tiny tuba. If you want to take something to play on vacation instead of lugging along a 6/4, it could be useful. If you know a child who wants to play the tuba, the small size might be an advantage. If a player want to stick a microphone down its gullet, run it through a fuzzbox, wahwah pedal and an amp in a jazz band, who am I to say they shouldn't? Someone might just "want one". Live! Be free! Reviews say they play in tune but novelty can wear off so out the door it must go. Either it's worth it to the owner or it isn't. This seller thought it would be a good take along practice horn but, as mainly an Eb player, the small Eb travel tuba might be preferable especially since Wessex improved the Eb with a redesign.
jtbailey
lurker
lurker

Post by jtbailey »

PM sent.
Is this intrude the available for purchase?
If so, what are you asking?

jtbailey@me.com" target="_blank
jtbailey
emcallaway
bugler
bugler

Post by emcallaway »

bigtubby wrote:What is the fatal flaw in these instruments? They seem to show up frequently on the used market within a couple of years of their introduction and some retailers are selling them new at less than half of their "retail value".
I keep one of these horns under my desk for playing during the lunch hour and always take it on trips if I'm going to be away from more than a week. You must put extra effort into creating a resonant sound (which has possibly translated into gains on my larger horns) but there is absolutely nothing wrong with them. If mine went missing, I would buy another almost immediately.

I suspect that some folks get them expecting to always take them on vacation and then they don't for logistical reasons (limited number of free checked bags?). It's a travel tuba-- travel with it! :tuba:
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

The Big Ben wrote: Reviews say they play in tune but novelty can wear off so out the door it must go. Either it's worth it to the owner or it isn't.
Fortunately, I'm one of those guys who can watch a cymbal playing mechanical monkey all day. That **** never gets old!!

:tuba:
I am committed to the advancement of civil rights, minus the Marxist intimidation and thuggery of BLM.
flyingdogs
bugler
bugler

Post by flyingdogs »

Bump. If you made me an offer before, feel free to make me another.
dukichas
lurker
lurker

Post by dukichas »

Sent a Pm
Thanks
dodecaphonix
lurker
lurker

Post by dodecaphonix »