Silver Conn 20Js in Northern California.

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
kilt_lifter
bugler
bugler

Silver Conn 20Js in Northern California.

Post by kilt_lifter »

Friends. The girlfriend has moved in and there's just not enough room in the apartment for her and all the BATs I've amassed these past few years. After much hand-wringing I've decided to keep the Martin and put the Conns up for grabs.

First up is a gem of a 20J with silver plate in beautiful condition, complete with case. Purchased from Baltimore Brass around this time in 2014, she's seen unfortunately seen more use as an objet d'art than anything else - but she plays well and freely. Valves have good compression and move without a hitch. There're a few dings and dents you'll see in the pictures, but nothing that impacted my (very amateur) playing. Serial # is 356387, putting the estimated manufacture around 1953. Horn location is in San Francisco, CA but can work out Greyhound if that's your pleasure. Asking $1950 + shipping - one picture included in the post, and a ton of pictures available here: http://imgur.com/a/u6xIf

Second 20J also plays similarly, but the plate's just a little more worn AND it has a 38K sousaphone bell instead of the 20J tuba bell. It fits the collar fine, but does a couple more inches in bell diameter vs. the stock bell. Can sell the body or bell individually or as a unit - body has a case and is shippable, the bell does not. Asking $850 for the pair, or $600 body / $250 bell. If you're interested I'll haul it out of storage and take some snaps.

Let me know if you have any questions, thank you!

-Isaac
tuba.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.