King Eb Raincatcher - Sold!

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Heliconer
bugler
bugler

King Eb Raincatcher - Sold!

Post by Heliconer »

King Eb Raincatcher. Needs a new home.

Valves have GREAT compression despite the look of them. One waterkey is broken but still seals. Has dents and tarnish.

Asking $500+ship

Horn is in Sacramento, Ca

Pics: King Eb Raincatcher https://imgur.com/gallery/5DK6f" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank

Sold, thanks!
Last edited by Heliconer on Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
A bunch of metal fart noise machines
Tom Coffey
3 valves
3 valves

Re: King Eb Raincatcher

Post by Tom Coffey »

PM sent.
Tom Coffey
3 valves
3 valves

Re: King Eb Raincatcher

Post by Tom Coffey »

Additional pm sent regarding shipping
Tubajug
5 valves
5 valves

Re: King Eb Raincatcher - Sold!

Post by Tubajug »

Man that was a great deal! I missed out...I would really love to have a raincatcher someday!
Jordan
King 2341 with a Holton "Monster" Eb bell
Eb Frankentuba
Martin Medium Eb Helicon

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving's probably not for you.
Tom Coffey
3 valves
3 valves

Re: King Eb Raincatcher - Sold!

Post by Tom Coffey »

The King Raincatcher has returned to Cleveland, where it was made. I picked it up today from the Greyhound Station. It was shipped on February 27, so it took a while to get across the country. Greyhound did not call or email, so I am not sure when it arrived in town. The Package Express ship tracking did not work too well, either, and it still shows the horn unloaded on the dock in Los Angeles. I had to be more than average proactive this time, even for Greyhound!
However, Greyhound did get the horn all the way from California to Northern Ohio, as far as I can tell, with no damage at all. It was very well packed by the seller (thank you, Robert) in a very unusual case that looks like a huge hat box--much deeper than a normal sousaphone case. There was a lot of bubble wrap and a lot of Styrofoam, and some cardboard taped on the outside to reinforce the case, which itself appears to be some kind of heavy cardboard or light fiberboard, covered in black stitched vinyl. The shipping cost for a trip almost all the way across the country was $76.25, and, of course, the important thing was that it made it without damage, although the case and one of its latches got a little banged up. Robert, if you see this, I would love to know the story behind that case.
I have not played it yet, because I can't in the office--not even one note. It will go home as soon as the weather lets up a bit.