Miraphone 1291-5VC [$6750] - SOLD

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
BF8112
bugler
bugler

Miraphone 1291-5VC [$6750] - SOLD

Post by BF8112 »

It is time for me to get a bigger horn. I thought id make a more detailed post than the last.

General Information
Brand: Miraphone
Model: 1291
Size: 5/4
Finish: Lacquer
Valves: 4 pistons + 1 rotor
Bore: .772'' / .835''
Bell: 18.5''
Height:

Horn Information
Repairs: I wont mention the airline, but a certain airline was nice enough to leave me brace-less. As of 02/04/2017, the replacement braces are currently being shipped from Miraphone and will arrive and be placed on in a couple of weeks. The bell has been crinkled before, however it was expertly rolled out by J. Landress (HIGHLY recommend him). If you are up close, you can see the differences in finish, however from a distance, it is not noticeable.
Modifications: Modification wise, this horn has had PVAK installed, and a 1292 lead pipe installed. Both of these additions GREATLY improved the quality of the tuba. It was tremendous.
Condition: I would say the lacquer is at around 85%. There was a section of the bottom bow that I used to test out de-lacquering material. It did work, however I received too many negative reviews from de-lacquered instruments vs. good reviews so I decided to not continue with it. It is on the inner side of the tuba, and it does not affect the sound in any way whatsoever. More can be seen in the pictures. Besides this, there are scratches and small dings throughout from normal wear and tear.

Characteristics
Size: This tuba is a large 4/4, small 5/4 sized tuba. I have used this mainly in orchestral. It is definitely sizeable enough for something such as Prokofiev and Wagner.
Response: With the added modifications, this horn plays wonderfully. My teacher thinks so. Its super easy and free blowing in my opinion.
Intonation: The intonation is very reliable, although, it does need its usually push and pulls. I push on the 1st valve slide for C#/Db & D, and pull out the 4th valve slide for C#/Db & F#/Gb.
Achievements: If it matters, to show you that this horn can put up a good fight, so to speak, with this horn, I won the "job" with New York Youth Symphony, and I won a sub-list spot with New World Symphony.
------------------------------------------------------

Pictures are available here: https://imgur.com/gallery/7jFdR" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank , however more can be taken if needed.

------------------------------------------------------
Play Test: If you live near the city, or are near me during the time, you are more than welcome to come and play test the horn if you are truly interested.

Payment
New Price: $11,209 (WWBW)
Asking Price: $6750 OBO
Trade: Since I am searching for a bigger horn, if anyone would like to downsize, I would definitely be interested in talking about the possibility of doing a trade + cash. I am only interested in the horns listed below. Feel free to get a hold of me if you have these horns;
- Gronitz PCK(S)
- PT6P(S)
Price Includes: Tuba and gig bag. However,if you would like me to ship it, in order to be safe, I would have to ship it in the Gard Wheelie Bag, which would be an extra $400.

Also, below is listed extra items that I may throw in with the tuba. You can choose from any of the below, however it will be plus the amount listed next to it.
- Gard Wheelie Gig Bag ($400)
- Alan Baer MMVI CC Mouthpiece ($125)
- Miraphone TU23 Mouthpiece ($75)

Contact Information
TubeNet: Please reply to the thread or send me a personal message/email.
Email: Feel free to contact me at bf8112 AT msmnyc DOT edu.
Phone: If you are seriously interested, feel free to contact me and we can talk.

I think that covers everything. If you are interested or have any more questions, you know how to get a hold of me. Thanks!
Last edited by BF8112 on Mon May 01, 2017 2:02 pm, edited 5 times in total.
BF8112
bugler
bugler

Re: FS: Miraphone 1291-5VC [$6750]

Post by BF8112 »

Back up for sale.

Feel free to send me a message if you're interested. Price is flat, since I do think it is a good flat, but I am eager to sell.
BF8112
bugler
bugler

Re: FS: Miraphone 1291-5VC [$6750]

Post by BF8112 »

Bump
BF8112
bugler
bugler

Re: Miraphone 1291-5VC [$6750] - ON HOLD

Post by BF8112 »

On hold it seems.

However, please feel free to still send messages if you're interested.