Besson Prestige 2052S, Made in Germany (2009) for sale

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
BretWagner1
lurker
lurker

Besson Prestige 2052S, Made in Germany (2009) for sale

Post by BretWagner1 »

I am selling my good friend, the Besson Prestige 2052S. This horn is a great example of this model, and I have used it to play with: the Arizona State, University of Arizona, and University of Miami Wind Ensembles; the Salt River Brass Band; and the New World Symphony Orchestra.

The horn is clean and in great playing/cosmetic condition. I will ship it with the original hard case and sleeve, along with a set of extra parts (springs, valve caps, etc.) There are a few wear/tear things to mention (pictured below):

-Small piece on the main tuning slide mechanism has been replaced with a black makeshift part by a good repairman. Mechanism works just as good if not better than original.
-Lead pipe has had work done: re-soldered to bell, and patched near the valve system. It was slightly damaged in travel but has been checked by several repair people in Arizona and Florida. It is in good playing order but with visible work done if you are examining it (pictured below).
-Fourth valve pearl has fallen off
-Main tuning slide shield/guard is missing (I took it off immediately because it made the horn heavier)

Feel free to contact me by email, text, or phone. I am based in Phoenix/Tucson and I will be in Tucson for SWRTEC 2017 this week if anyone wants to check out the horn.
Bret Wagner (480) 720-2985
bretwagner1@gmail.com" target="_blank

I am asking for $6,500 including shipping (within continental US). I will accept a cashier check/money order before I send the horn. I am a GTA at the University of Arizona, a former public school teacher, and can verify my identity.

Observe pictures at this link:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/yc1ti7sgjesn ... 41e4a?dl=0" target="_blank
zmann67
bugler
bugler

Re: Besson Prestige 2052S, Made in Germany (2009) for sale

Post by zmann67 »

bump for an amazing horn :tuba: :shock:
PT6
PT16
Weaponofchoice
bugler
bugler

Re: Besson Prestige 2052S, Made in Germany (2009) for sale

Post by Weaponofchoice »

Too bad I'm not in the market for one right now, this is a sweet deal!
Wessex Festivo
Yamaha 621
Besson 995