Trade: Besson 981 Eb tuba for 4+1 Eb tuba

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
AHynds
3 valves
3 valves

Trade: Besson 981 Eb tuba for 4+1 Eb tuba

Post by AHynds »

Hello, all!

Due to some impending changes in my playing habits, and a desire to move to a horn more suited to my preferred repertoire, I would like to trade my modified Besson 981 Eb tuba for a 4+1 non-compensating Eb tuba. The previous owner of this horn had the original Besson bell swapped with a slightly smaller Conn 4J bell in an effort to tighten up the sound, and it has indeed given the instrument a slightly more focused tone quality. The horn has the original Imperial shank, but that is easily adapted (I elected to simply use the Denis Wick old shank mouthpieces, which work great!). I like to think of it as a mix between the old school American tuba sound and the traditional British tonal conception. The horn plays great, but the rep that I tend to play (contemporary and experimental works, most often) frequently calls for a full set of 5 valves. So, I would like to see about doing an even trade for any of the following horns:

Willson 3400
Perantucci PT-22P
Meinl-Weston 2141 or 2040/5
Miraphone Norwegian Star

If you're interested, please do let me know! The horn is located in Bowling Green, OH, and I would be more than happy to drive a few hours or so for a test run. Below are some pictures--pardon the goofy expressions! The blue tape is simply to provide a grip, and is actually gone now from the horn.

Thanks,

Aaron Hynds
Aaron Hynds, DMA
Lecturer, Music Business & New Media - University of Kentucky
I like to make and record sounds with metal pipes and computers.
ac3musicman
lurker
lurker

Re: Trade: Besson 981 Eb tuba for 4+1 Eb tuba

Post by ac3musicman »

Any interests in selling?