trade option FS/FT Silver 6V modified Wessex Strauss $4,000 Bookmark and Share

Sell personal equipment
Forum rules
This is for selling your personal equipment, but sponsored selling is allowed as well. We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Price, Brand, Model, and location. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.

trade option FS/FT Silver 6V modified Wessex Strauss $4,000

Postby DouglasJB » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:04 pm

After attending SERTEC I have decided to go a different route then I was originally intending with my playing, so I am deciding to put my F tuba up for sale.

This horn has been heavily modified to fit the playing I was doing and to make it more versatile. After starting with a standard Wessex Strauss, the original 19mm rotor 5th valve was removed and replaced with two 19mm rotors from a different horn with doing this the 180° send from the leadpipe into the 5th valve tubing was removed and replaced with a 90° bend, where these were placed in the bugle had no negative effect on intonation. This horn is HEAVY and it plays as such, the sound does not break up very easily, and the low register (B natural to pedal F) speaks with ease as well as high range sings and slots very easily.

This horn is set up as a 4+2 6V horn with a similar set up to most B&S F tubas with valve 5 (flat whole step) as the top valve in your left hand. With the 6th valve set up to a flat half step the alternate fingerings choices are limitless. I have used this horn for solos, quartet, sextets, orchestra and have had no issue with anything.

The horn is located in Clarksville TN, and the horn can be shipped at buyer's expense via greyhound in the foam body hard case (also modified to fit horn). Price for the horn is $4,000 which is less then I have in the horn between buying the horn and having the work done to it. This is a great horn for someone looking for a great F tuba for college. Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions or interest, pictures available upon request.

I am open to trades for a different horn, please feel free to make an offer. I am open to offers for a different bass tuba, Eb or F, but it must have at least 5 Front action valves.
Last edited by DouglasJB on Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Eastman 632 CC
Tabor modified 6V Wessex Strauss F (FOR SALE)
( viewtopic.php?f=4&t=77863 )
1930 Buescher/King 5V Eb (work in progress)
VMI 3061 Bass trombone
DouglasJB
bugler
bugler

Re: Price Drop!! FS/FT Silver 6V modified Wessex Strauss $4

Postby DouglasJB » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:22 pm

Bump, open to offers, any Piston F (Except BMB, owned one, wasn't impressed) and a few rotary horns I am interested in. Cash can be used to adjust trade of needed
Eastman 632 CC
VMI 3061 Bass trombone
DouglasJB
bugler
bugler

Re: trade option FS/FT Silver 6V modified Wessex Strauss $4

Postby DouglasJB » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:25 pm

Bump, needing to sell soon if possible
Eastman 632 CC
VMI 3061 Bass trombone
DouglasJB
bugler
bugler

Return to For Sale by Owner