M&M 4500 For Sale

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
BBruce107
3 valves
3 valves

M&M 4500 For Sale

Post by BBruce107 »

Hi all, I am selling my CC tuba. The horn is a M&M 4500. It is a good horn but I find that I just prefer rotary valves and have found a horn that will suit my needs. I am located in Traverse City Michigan and am looking for $1,700 plus shipping for the horn. It comes with a Gard gig bag. there are some cosmetic dents in the horn but it does not affect how the horn plays. Intonation can be a bit of a hassle but not unplayable. The valve combo 2+3 runs flat and the first valve D is also flat. It has very typical CC tuba intonation issues. The sound is really present and I had no problem using this tuba in the Alma Symphony on Firebird and other big symphonies. Here is a link to another person selling the same horn (not mine) for reference on what they look like. I would be happy to send pictures on request! Please email me rather than personal message me: I will get the email much faster and it is easier to send any pictures that way.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=74505" target="_blank

With Warm Regards,
Brandon Bruce
Brandon Bruce
Principal Tuba Gaylord Symphony Orchestra
Principal Tuba Alpena Symphony Orchestra
Tabor
4 valves
4 valves

Re: M&M 4500 For Sale

Post by Tabor »

That is a really good price on a full sized 4+ 1 piston CC. If I remember correctly, this one is sometimes called a "1291 clone" because it is about the same size and uses that style of valve, though the bows are different.

If the bugle is in tune with itself, and the horn is flat with valves down, some slides just need to be cut a little and it will tune up a lot better. Not a big problem at all.
Tubas
BBruce107
3 valves
3 valves

Post by BBruce107 »

Thanks Tabor! It is a 5/4 tuba and very similar to a 1291 but the valves are set up with the ergonomics of a B&S 3098p. I played it today with my CB2 and not only was it in tune (save the flat 2+3 combo) it was great! I am trying to sell my horns for a Nirschl for sale by another tubenet member.
Last edited by BBruce107 on Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brandon Bruce
BBruce107
3 valves
3 valves

Post by BBruce107 »

Bump! Need to sell to make room for a Nirschl CC.
Brandon Bruce
BBruce107
3 valves
3 valves

Post by BBruce107 »

Bumo some interest but no buyers yet! Nice playing horn with a big sound. Email me if interested!
Brandon Bruce
BBruce107
3 valves
3 valves

Post by BBruce107 »

Bump
Brandon Bruce
BBruce107
3 valves
3 valves

Post by BBruce107 »

Bump reducing to $1500 plus shipping. Hoping to move quickly!
Brandon Bruce
BBruce107
3 valves
3 valves

Post by BBruce107 »

Bump
Brandon Bruce