FS Walter Sear BBb Tuba by De Prins Bro "Solist" Bookmark and Share

Sell personal equipment
Forum rules
This is for selling your personal equipment, but sponsored selling is allowed as well. We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Price, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories) need to be included in the ad, or at least be very clear in link provided. It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay Auctions, but Buy it now listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.

FS Walter Sear BBb Tuba by De Prins Bro "Solist"

Postby shyone750 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:23 pm

SOLD
Last edited by shyone750 on Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shyone750
lurker
lurker

Re: FS Walter Sear BBb Tuba by De Prins Bro "Solist"

Postby lowbrassmaniac » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:34 pm

That's a neat horn, I remember someone posting the Craigslist link here weeks ago. Does it play in tune up and down the horn? What if any quirks does it have? Do all the slides pull and valves work fine? It has a lot of Conn similarities IMO..
lowbrassmaniac

Postby shyone750 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:49 pm

The Craigslist post that you are speaking of is the C Tuba located up north somewhere. This one is a Bb.
All of the slides pull out and the valves all work well. I found that it has a lot more spit valves than what I am used to. One of the spit valves was removed and permanently sealed by the previous owner. My other horn is a King and I often have to swing and rotate it in the middle of a performance to get the trapped water out and with this one I don't have that issue. I found that I really had to play with the slides to get myself in tune but I am not a master performer by any means. I really consider myself a beginner.
shyone750
lurker
lurker

Postby lowbrassmaniac » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:53 pm

shyone750 wrote:The Craigslist post that you are speaking of is the C Tuba located up north somewhere. This one is a Bb.
All of the slides pull out and the valves all work well. I found that it has a lot more spit valves than what I am used to. One of the spit valves was removed and permanently sealed by the previous owner. My other horn is a King and I often have to swing and rotate it in the middle of a performance to get the trapped water out and with this one I don't have that issue. I found that I really had to play with the slides to get myself in tune but I am not a master performer by any means. I really consider myself a beginner.

The photos were taken on the same wooden deck and white railing, in Georgia..I've never seen any other horn like this anywhere and it was in BBb. The Craigslist ad may have expired because I can't find it now but it was definitely this horn down to the Dented bottom bow.
lowbrassmaniac

Postby lowbrassmaniac » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:55 pm

Here's the old Craigslist ad: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=77803

I do see now the CC one in the classifieds here, also super rare...cool!
lowbrassmaniac

Postby shyone750 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:22 pm

Definitely not the same wooden deck as I took the photos today on my back patio of my apartment. Lol.
shyone750
lurker
lurker

Postby edsel585960 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:34 pm

Nice markup. Good luck.
20-21 J
22 J
Olds 99
26 K, Wessex Mighty Midget, Cerveny 693, Mirafone 186, MW 20
edsel585960
5 valves
5 valves

Postby lowbrassmaniac » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:56 pm

shyone750 wrote:Definitely not the same wooden deck as I took the photos today on my back patio of my apartment. Lol.

Ok so you bought it from the guy with the other wooden deck, and didn't like the horn so now you're selling it? Just wondering not trying to stir the pot just a genuine question. I think Edsel knows as well..it looks like a neat horn however.
lowbrassmaniac

Postby shyone750 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:13 pm

It's a solid horn and yes, it does play well. If you have further questions, please feel free to email me or send me a private message. Thanks!
shyone750
lurker
lurker

Return to For Sale by Owner