King CC ON HOLD

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Tabor
4 valves
4 valves

King CC ON HOLD

Post by Tabor »

Located in Springfield, MA. Raw brass. It is another variation on the short King/York type design, except this one is all H.N. White King except for the fourth valve (Conn), the main slide (York), and one other branch that came from Germany.

The 1905 bell and bottom bow were from a wall hanger, and the bell has two holes drilled through it. Fortunately, the holes were drilled very close to the bell to body brace, and very close to the mouthpiece receiver to bell brace so I was able to just shift the bell slightly and use the braces as both braces and as patches. The leadpipe angle is just a tiny bit funny for doing it (no visible patches). A skilled tech could bend that pipe, or bend a new leadpipe to fix the angle if it doesn't suit you. I actually don't mind it. Beautiful engraving, and the bell is otherwise very good.

This tuba has one interesting, unique trait for tubas of this size and shape: the bore goes .687-.695 and then tapers out to .750 by the time it hits the main slide, so a .750 bore rotor could go right BEFORE the small leg of the main slide, or a much larger rotor could go after the large leg of the main slide, though the low register response on this one is pretty good, as are false tones.

I have done some more work on the horn since the last post/bump. It now has more bracing, slightly better cosmetics, a few less or reduced dents and really feels like a complete horn more than a project, so I am adjusting the post accordingly. I'm keeping the price cheap and taking offers. Some other mouthpiece is probably a more ideal match, but it has a really strong sound that just gets louder and louder as you play lower with the Bayamo mouthpiece.

$2500/offer . (Have something I might like as a project? trade offers in part are welcome)

Last edited by Tabor on Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tubas
Tabor
4 valves
4 valves

Re: playable H.N. White CC project tuba $2250

Post by Tabor »

I brought this tuba up from the ol' basement and have been playing on it a bit today. It is actually a pretty nice player, I think. Way nice for the price. This tuba has a easy speaking low end, and the false tones seem to be very strong. Also, water collects in the lower loops of #4 and does not get stuck going upward out of the piston as in the King 2341.

Send me a message if you're interested and want to know sort of how it sounds.
Tabor
4 valves
4 valves

Re: King CC tuba $2500/best offer

Post by Tabor »

Friday and UPDATE bump