PT-6 for sale

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
olaness1
bugler
bugler

PT-6 for sale

Post by olaness1 »

I'm reluctantly selling my B&S 3098 "Perantucci" PT-6. This is a 5 valve rotary CC tuba, 5/4 size, one of the most popular ones out there.

I've had this tuba since 2002, at the time it was sold to me as 18 months old, and given that it wasn't properly played in when I got it, I believe that. It has been used professionally by me ever since, and it is in very good condition for its age and the use it has seen!

It comes with the original gig bag, which is slightly discoloured due to living near a window, and an original moulded case, which has got some slight wear and tear. In addition to this it has got an extension slide for the 5th valve (seen in the pictures) so you have a choice between a flat whole step and two whole steps for this valve (never used while in my possession) and it has even got its original plastic bell rim protector. There is some wear and tear to the instrument as you would expect, there is some lacquer wear, particularly on the bottom bow and the main tuning slide (shown in pictures) and some dots of lacquer wear on the bell. There are also some small repairs done in the past, which are visible if you look for them, but these are very minor.

The tuba is located in the UK (Parbold, between Liverpool and Manchester if you want specifics). You are welcome to come and try it here, and I will, of course, ship internationally.

Asking price is £7500 (according to Google just now, 2nd of May, roughly US $9688, or EUR 8875). New price from Phil Parker's at the time of writing, is £10638.14 plus case ("about a grand" according to Parker's on the phone). This is a particularly lovely sounding instrument, however, and with no intonation issues (except for the obvious all-five-valves low C#, which is only a little bit out, easy to adjust and rarely needed). Also, if you buy new, these instruments do need a good deal of time spending on them to play them in in order to get them to sound their best.

Any questions, message me here or email on olaness (at) hotmail (dot) com

I have more photos and high resolution images on request: they won't upload to tubenet in full resolution.

With kind regards,

Ola
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
olaness1
bugler
bugler

Re: PT-6 for sale

Post by olaness1 »

Bump
olaness1
bugler
bugler

Re: PT-6 for sale

Post by olaness1 »

Bump