FS: Custom Conn/Dillon CC Tuba

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
JordanNelson
lurker
lurker

FS: Custom Conn/Dillon CC Tuba

Post by JordanNelson »

Looking to sell my Custom Conn Raw Brass CC Tuba that was made at Dillon.
Great horn that has served me well since 2008, but my fiancee got me a new Besson 995 which is now my main instruments Now this horn now just sits, and I want to get it into the hands of someone who will use it like I once did. At one time I knew more details about the horn itself, but has left my memory over time. When it was purchased in 2008, I was told that I was the second owner and the first had this made for him when he was in college. Dillon could likely provide exact details on this instrument if you were to contact them.
Instrument is in great shape, well maintained, and cleaned/shopped regularly. Last cleaning was roughly a year ago, about the same time I got my new horn. Has never required any major repair work or been damaged in any way, just the regular maintenance stuff.

I am located in Scottsdale, AZ for interested play testing. Am flexible on price to accomidate for shipping charges. Only able to upload 3 images at low quality, so contact me for higher quality images and any angle/section you would like to see. Really just wanting to get this horn into the hands of someone who will use it! Great instruments are meant to be played.

Asking $5,500 OBO

comes with Altieri gig bag and bell cover

Best way to reach me is through email or phone/text
e: Jordan@PhenomArts.org
p: (623)217-8386

Thanks! :tuba:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MikeMason
6 valves
6 valves

Re: FS: Custom Conn/Dillon CC Tuba

Post by MikeMason »

What a fiancé! Now that's a proper dowry :wink:
Pensacola Symphony
Troy University-adjunct tuba instructor
Yamaha yfb621 with 16’’ bell,with blokepiece symphony
Eastman 6/4 with blokepiece symphony/profundo
Billy M.
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Billy M. »

MikeMason wrote:What a fiancé! Now that's a proper dowry :wink:
I am inclined to agree. I need to find me a woman that would do that for me. Nice looking horn, good luck with the sale.
Romans 3:23-24

Billy Morris
Rudolf Meinl Model 45, Musikmesse Horn
Boosey & Hawkes Imperial Eb (19" Bell)
1968 Besson New Standard Eb (15" Bell)
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

I wonder if this is pretty close to what the 52J was supposed to be...
JordanNelson
lurker
lurker

Post by JordanNelson »

bort wrote:I wonder if this is pretty close to what the 52J was supposed to be...
That would be a great way to describe the horn. I have only played one 52J, and there were similarities in the right places and the differences made me prefer this horn over the latter. Someone with better experience with the horn could probably give better detail.