for sale: pt6p(s) w/ mods ($11,000)

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
qcbctuba
bugler
bugler

for sale: pt6p(s) w/ mods ($11,000)

Post by qcbctuba »

afternoon there,

i have decided to sell my pt6p, in hopes of upgrading.

it is a fantastic horn. more details about the horn are outlined below.

overview:
i purchased this horn in may 2017. a fantastic horn which i have used for orchestral settings (things like prokofiev), solo repertoire (hindemith sonata), and even quintet settings (bach)

intonation:
like many pt6's, this horn has its quirks but it still has awesome intonation. 2-4 does require a bit of lip work, but not as bad as some people have been describing it.

f/f#/g do tend to ride high. i either pull (f) or i do lip pitches down (f#, g)

besides that, i used this horn for a mahler 2 masterclass for pete sullivan he thought the horn produced a very warm/dark sound.

*i am scheduled to do the typical pt6p mods with mr. baer soon. once that is done, i shall update this.

specs:
* 5-valve (4 piston and 1 rotary)
* CC-Tuba in 5/4 size
* .748"-0.827"
* 18.898"bell.

modifications/repair:
this horn has had a few modifications done to it. that is outlined below.

* yamaha euph valve springs ($20)
* maw valves ($1250)
* maw custom buttons ($125)
* baer pvak ($180)

this horn came from germany, but unfortunately sustained damage on the way. this damage includes dings on the bottom bow, a broken thumb ring, and a bell crinkle. nothing absolutely major, nothing that affects the sound. i have been so busy with everything that i haven't had the time to find a reliable repair shop.

cost & full purchase:
this full purchase will include the tuba, along with the modifications, the original set of springs, felts, and valves, along with a gard gig bag.

brand new, with these modifications, and the price according to dillon's music, and the gard gig bag, this horn would be $16,543. as of now, with all of the modifications i am looking to get $11,000

trades:
no trades at the moment please

trials/tests:
unfortunately, i am not interested in sending the horn out for a test. if you are truly interested, i have no problem scheduling a play test in new york.

photos:
please contact me directly for photos. i will be as detailed as possible.

for inquiries, please email me directly at qcbctuba [AT] icloud [DOT] com.

i do have some excerpt recordings of the horn in action that i may send if need be. i also have video of the horn in an orchestral setting. bruckner 4 and tchaik 6 to be exact.

thank you!
Last edited by qcbctuba on Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:18 am, edited 7 times in total.
jtuba
pro musician
pro musician

Re: for sale/trade: pt6p(s), one month old (w/ mods)

Post by jtuba »

My recommendation, do the Baer mods and hold what you got. The PT6P has been quite successful on the audition circuit.
Adjunct Tuba Professor, Christopher Newport University
Eastman Artist

Porky
bugler
bugler

Re: for sale/trade: pt6p(s), one month old (w/ mods)

Post by Porky »

^This. :tuba: