PRICE DROP FS: PT7 $10,000 OBO

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Andy Smith
bugler
bugler

PRICE DROP FS: PT7 $10,000 OBO

Post by Andy Smith »

Hi Everyone,

I have decided that it's time to thin the herd. For sale is a silver PT 7 CC (4P + 1R) that I purchased from Custom Music in 2006 as a demo horn. I am the only owner. This has been my primary horn through school and my time with the Lyric Opera of Chicago. With the exception of a few small dings and scratches, the horn is in fantastic shape. The silver is %99.9. The only noticeable signs of wear are scratches from my belt.

These horns are not common and I believe this particular one is the best of the bunch. Think a phenomenal PT 6 on steroids. Overall the pitch is very good with only minor slide pulling and/or lipping needed. The sound is really what sets this horn apart. If you want the color and shimmer of a B&S tuba with the size and depth of a 6/4 tuba, this is the horn for you. All the valves and slides move freely.

Reason I'm selling: I'm not using this horn much these days and I can't justify having such a great instrument sit and take up space in my practice room. This horn deserves to be used.

Asking price for the horn, a cordura Cronkhite bag, and a plywood hard case: $10,000 OBO. The horn is located in Chicago. I would rather not ship for trials, however I am happy to drive a few hours to meet up if need be.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank

Email me at Andy[dot]lutz[dot]smith[at]gmail[dot]com or PM here if interested.

Best,
Andy
Last edited by Andy Smith on Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andy Smith
Lyric Opera of Chicago
Grant Park Orchestra
The University of Wisconsin Milwaukee
mwlorrison893
bugler
bugler

Re: FS: PT7 $10,500 OBO

Post by mwlorrison893 »

If this sounds and plays better than the PT6 .... Shew, I wish I had the money.
Andy Smith
bugler
bugler

Re: FS: PT7 $10,500 OBO

Post by Andy Smith »

Bump!
Andy Smith
Lyric Opera of Chicago
Grant Park Orchestra
Andy Smith
bugler
bugler

Re: PRICE DROP FS: PT7 $10,000 OBO

Post by Andy Smith »

Bump for price drop!
Andy Smith
Lyric Opera of Chicago
Grant Park Orchestra
Matthew Gaunt
pro musician
pro musician

Re: PRICE DROP FS: PT7 $10,000 OBO

Post by Matthew Gaunt »

Bump for Andy. This is a truly great instrument! If you are looking for a 6/4 you should seriously try this horn. On top of that Andy is a fantastic player and person...
Faculty
Bienen School of Music at Northwestern University
Northern Illinois University
Wheaton College
https://www.music.northwestern.edu/facu ... thew-gaunt
Andy Smith
bugler
bugler

SOLD PT7 $10,000 OBO

Post by Andy Smith »

The horn has been sold.
Andy Smith