FS: Eastman 632L (SOLD)

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
KyleMG
bugler
bugler

FS: Eastman 632L (SOLD)

Post by KyleMG »

Hello all!

I am selling my Eastman 632L, as designed by Matt Walters at Dillon Music. I have had this horn for a little over a year. It plays great, but I need to upgrade for when I head to college in the fall.

This horn has the standard belt buckle/pants rivet scratches on the inside of the bow(from carrying it at my side). There are two actual dents on the horn: one on the smaller tubing in the outside of the horn, and one about the size of my thumb on the outer tubing. This is reflected in the pictures. None of these are visible from a few feet away, and they do not affect playing at all. There are two scratches right next to the Eastman engraving on the bell. Other than this, of course there are dimples and such on the bottom bow.

All of the valve slides move freely, and especially the first and fourth are easily accessible.

It has been cleaned and serviced 7/5/17 by Matt at Dillon Music.

I am located in Chester, NJ (near Morristown). I am asking $5,000 for the tuba and a black cordura Cronkhite bag, that fits the horn perfectly. Open to offers, and I'd prefer not to ship.

UPDATE: 12/19/17: added a custom-fit PVAK onto the horn. This makes the (already fantastic) piston movement even better.

Pictures hosted here: https://imgur.com/a/yPckC
Last edited by KyleMG on Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Miraphone 188
Miraphone Firebird
DouglasJB
4 valves
4 valves

Re: FS: Eastman 632L

Post by DouglasJB »

Just curious, why do you need to upgrade? I used my Eastman 632 for everything including university orchestra before I injured my hand. These are great horns
DouglasJB
4 valves
4 valves

Post by DouglasJB »

If I didn't need to switch to rotors I would still have mine, I miss it already sometimes
Ltrain
3 valves
3 valves

Post by Ltrain »

Alright, I'll join the mob in agreement. Upgrade?? I would have loved to "upgrade" to this horn in College if I had the option.... and I played a 186!

We have no idea what holy grail you have your eye on, but "when I was your age" I really could have used a horn with point and shoot intonation and the broad, relatively even tone I get in all registers from my 632.

Damn I love this horn. Typing this makes me want to go play mine right now... if only it wasn't going on midnight. :tuba:

https://instagram.com/p/BWIB_Z1hgWl/" target="_blank" target="_blank
Eastman 853 Eb ("Edith")
1963 King 1250 Sousaphone ("Jackie O")
Aguilar Amplification
--------------
Founder, L Train Brass Band
jtuba
pro musician
pro musician

Post by jtuba »

Check who's teaching at Rutgers and you may see why he wants an upgrade. To the OP, not knowing you and what kind of player you are, I think you should stay a year or too with what you have to decide. If you're a serious tuba player that's killing Fountains and the Ride now, advanced in recent auditions, and can afford it, just buy a bigger tuba. You'll want/need a smaller horn as well for BQ. If your future teacher is telling you the Eastman is no good, then nobody here will convince Kyle to keep the Eastman. The amount if interest you'll most likely get from this ad will indicate that the Eastman 632 is actually quite the tuba not necessarily in need of an upgrade. Good luck at RU, I had a great time studying there in the dark ages.
MGSA '96
Adjunct Tuba Professor, Christopher Newport University
Eastman Artist

KyleMG
bugler
bugler

Re: FS: Eastman 632L (DROPPED PRICE)

Post by KyleMG »

Bump for updated price!
Miraphone 188
Miraphone Firebird
BBruce107
3 valves
3 valves

Post by BBruce107 »

jtuba wrote:Check who's teaching at Rutgers and you may see why he wants an upgrade. To the OP, not knowing you and what kind of player you are, I think you should stay a year or too with what you have to decide. If you're a serious tuba player that's killing Fountains and the Ride now, advanced in recent auditions, and can afford it, just buy a bigger tuba. You'll want/need a smaller horn as well for BQ. If your future teacher is telling you the Eastman is no good, then nobody here will convince Kyle to keep the Eastman. The amount if interest you'll most likely get from this ad will indicate that the Eastman 632 is actually quite the tuba not necessarily in need of an upgrade. Good luck at RU, I had a great time studying there in the dark ages.
MGSA '96
I believe Alan Baer teaches there. I have not had first hand experience with the Eastman CC but if it works for Michael Parker (who sounds incredible on one) and other artists I would say that it is worth keeping this horn. You really do not need a 6/4 size tuba to have a great orchestral sound. It is the Indian and not the arrow! :tuba:
Brandon Bruce
Principal Tuba Gaylord Symphony Orchestra
Principal Tuba Alpena Symphony Orchestra
KyleMG
bugler
bugler

Re: FS: Eastman 632L (DROPPED PRICE)

Post by KyleMG »

Bump - trying to sell this horn FAST. Updated 12/19/17 with a custom-fit PVAK.
Miraphone 188
Miraphone Firebird