5/4 CC Tuba by Norm Epley: SOLD

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Aglenntuba
bugler
bugler

5/4 CC Tuba by Norm Epley: SOLD

Post by Aglenntuba »

Good evening guys! Up for sale is a great CC tuba made for me by Norm Epley. It has 5 rotary valves (right hand whole step 5th valve), and it is definitely a true 5/4 tuba. I'm not 100% on all of the details of the build, but I know the body and 5th valve are from a Miraphone 1290 (larger predecessor to the 1295 and then ultimately the rest of the 129x series), and the valve section is from a Meinl Weston BBb with the slides cut (I think this was a MW 25? Not positive on that).

This horn has a big, warmer sound that you might not expect, while still offering some bite when pushed. I haven't played many other CC tubas to compare it to, but Norm likened it to a Neptune, and said he actually enjoyed playing this horn more. Intonation is easy to manage on this horn, the only slide pulling I do is on the 3rd slide, where I pull out for 3rd partial Eb in 23, and push back in for Abs in 23. Both 1st and 3rd slides are easy to reach and pull while playing.

This tuba comes with all of the cosmetics you'd expect from a "rescue" build. It's in raw brass, with lots of engineered plumbing and some dings. Personally, I love the look of the horn though. My biggest complaint in this horn is the valve linkages. Several of the originals failed on me, so I had them replaced as needed. On the valve side, it has 4 new Minibals. These are in great shape and ready to go. The paddle side has 3 of the original smaller Minibals, and one Dubro on the 4th valve. Replacing the paddle side with new Minibals would put you in great shape.

I think this horn would be able to fetch $6000 in good shape. However, due to the noisy linkages and repair costs you would need to replace them, I'm starting this horn off at $4500 or best offer. Horn is located in Wichita Falls, TX. I'd be happy to work out a pick up or shipping, I have a good carton available. I have pictures to send at aglenntuba@gmail.com" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank, just let me know! Thanks for reading!
NEW PICTURES: 5/4 CC tuba https://imgur.com/gallery/q1fMj" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank
Last edited by Aglenntuba on Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:07 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Aglenntuba
bugler
bugler

Re: 5/4 CC Tuba by Norm Epley: $5000 obo

Post by Aglenntuba »

Bump! Shoot me an email, make me an offer! Lots of interest but no takers yet.
Aglenntuba
bugler
bugler

Re: 5/4 CC Tuba by Norm Epley: $4850 obo NEW pictures added!

Post by Aglenntuba »

Bump for the new pictures and price drop!
Aglenntuba
bugler
bugler

Post by Aglenntuba »

Thank you!
Bumping this to the top with the notice that I may be interested in trading for the right 4/4 piston horn, should one arise!
Aglenntuba
bugler
bugler

Post by Aglenntuba »

Bump :tuba:
Aglenntuba
bugler
bugler

Post by Aglenntuba »

Bump for another price drop!
Aglenntuba
bugler
bugler

Re: 5/4 CC Tuba by Norm Epley: $4500 obo NEW pictures added!

Post by Aglenntuba »

Temporarily dropping this down to $3999. Looking to move very quickly!