FS: Conn 21J (6/4 size, Upright Bell)

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
sousaphonehero
bugler
bugler

FS: Conn 21J (6/4 size, Upright Bell)

Post by sousaphonehero »

For sale:
1968 Conn 21J
Overall good condition
Dings and dents all over body. None affect the sound/playability
Valves have great compression and almost no wear
All slides move well
Intonation is really good for such a large horn. It is by far the best example of this model I have played (so far).
I really enjoy playing this beast, but another has come along and this one must go.
Comes with upright bell and two cases (they work okay for shipping but not much else.) Body case is okay; bell case has no latches/hinges but still is better than a box for shipping
$1,200 OBO plus shipping (Greyhound is okay)

Pictures:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/cGDs7fPBycvFvzqJ2" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank

(Let me know if link does not work.)
Last edited by sousaphonehero on Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Miraphone 186 CC 5v
Conn 21J
Buescher 4/4 Eb
Amati Kaiser Baritone
Wessex Trombone
sousaphonehero
bugler
bugler

Re: FS: Conn 21J (6/4 size, Upright Bell) $1,200 OBO

Post by sousaphonehero »

Bump
Miraphone 186 CC 5v
Conn 21J
Buescher 4/4 Eb
Amati Kaiser Baritone
Wessex Trombone
TUbajohn20J
4 valves
4 valves

Re: FS: Conn 21J (6/4 size, Upright Bell)

Post by TUbajohn20J »

Great horn and worth a lot more than the asking price especially with that upright! Surprised no one has bought this. The 3 valvers are great because the false fingerings for the pedals are almost spot on in tune and you don't have the extra weight of that 4th valve. I miss mine. Bump!
Conn 26J/27J
Conn 22K Hybrid
groth
3 valves
3 valves

Post by groth »

TUbajohn20J wrote:Great horn and worth a lot more than the asking price especially with that upright! Surprised no one has bought this. The 3 valvers are great because the false fingerings for the pedals are almost spot on in tune and you don't have the extra weight of that 4th valve. I miss mine. Bump!
Does the weight of a 4th valve on an already 6/4 size tuba make that much of a difference? :lol:
TUbajohn20J
4 valves
4 valves

Post by TUbajohn20J »

groth wrote:
TUbajohn20J wrote:Great horn and worth a lot more than the asking price especially with that upright! Surprised no one has bought this. The 3 valvers are great because the false fingerings for the pedals are almost spot on in tune and you don't have the extra weight of that 4th valve. I miss mine. Bump!
Does the weight of a 4th valve on an already 6/4 size tuba make that much of a difference? :lol:
It really does! My 26J weighs almost 31 pounds. The 3 valve version is 7 pounds lighter. But i see your point. One would already expect a 6/4 Conn to be extremely heavy regardless
Conn 26J/27J
Conn 22K Hybrid