Wessex prototype CC Sousaphone

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Ltrain
3 valves
3 valves

Wessex prototype CC Sousaphone

Post by Ltrain »

Finally relisted since accidental FS purge...
Here's a rare, 3V CC Sousaphone (it's a true factory-made CC, NOT a "cut-down" BBb) in bright silver plate. Includes case and all parts including: neck, 2 bits, mouthpiece, and polishing cloth. This is a great marching 3-banger for (fellow stoborn) C tuba players!

This rare instrument was commissioned as a prototype for Wessex. It's one of a small batch of "true" CC sousas ever sold in North America (I actually had to have it shipped from U.K.). The valves are very smooth and fast, the slides fit and move well, and the plating and hardware is top-notch. This horn sounds full & rich for its bore size; sounds like a sousaphone. Very good intonation.

Asking $1350
Flexible logistics: local pickup in Brooklyn and I can deliver anywhere in the NYC metro to 100% serious buyers. I'll ship anywhere, any way, at buyer's expense.

Specs:
*24" Bell – no notable dings & fits nicely into receiver (very high quality hardware)
*Silverplate is 100%. Recenly deep cleaned and hand polished
*.63" bore
*A few typical sousie dings, and no appreciable dents or issues
*Lightweight, full-circle wrap
*Recently aligned and serviced by J Landress Brass in NYC who added a really nicely plated heavy-duty lead pipe brace
*Recently cleaned... looks and plays great!

Case is heavy-duty, black tolex over plywood. Black felt/plush interior with bell/body divider and plenty of Velcro straps to keeps things in place. 2 storage cubbies and heavy-duty casters.

Full gallery here: https://goo.gl/photos/XZBUUf1KMnayro9u9" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank
Eastman 853 Eb ("Edith")
1963 King 1250 Sousaphone ("Jackie O")
Aguilar Amplification
--------------
Founder, L Train Brass Band
Ltrain
3 valves
3 valves

Re: Wessex prototype CC Sousaphone

Post by Ltrain »

Price drop bump. Now $1350 + shipping.
Eastman 853 Eb ("Edith")
Aguilar Amplification
--------------
Ltrain
3 valves
3 valves

Post by Ltrain »

Sale pending...
Eastman 853 Eb ("Edith")
Aguilar Amplification
--------------
Tubawoman66
lurker
lurker

Post by Tubawoman66 »

Greetings! Please let me know if this sousaphone returns to the market. I am interested. Thank you.
Ltrain
3 valves
3 valves

Post by Ltrain »

You're about a week late, unfortunately. It's en route to a new owner in WA via eBay. It's a shame... I would have loved to sold it to a tubenetter.
Eastman 853 Eb ("Edith")
Aguilar Amplification
--------------
Ltrain
3 valves
3 valves

Post by Ltrain »

If anyone is still interested in this horn, PM me. The horn is definitely sold, but the buyer seems to be having some peculiar finance-related remorse and wants to return it (which I won't allow as it has nothing to do with the instrument itself). I can share more details on PM. FYI the horn resides in Washington state... in which I spent several hours and hundreds of dollars to get it there safely from NY.

As far as I'm concerned the sale is now out of my hands. I upheld my end of the transaction 100% and I'm paid. My only motivation here is getting this horn to a better home if someone on TubeNet truly wants this cool little C sousa. So if you're interested, all I can and will do is get you connected to the buyer.

Again, PM me for details. I won't discuss this any further on this thread.
Eastman 853 Eb ("Edith")
Aguilar Amplification
--------------