Neptune (Rotary) for sale $7,000 OBO

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Tubainsauga

Neptune (Rotary) for sale $7,000 OBO

Post by Tubainsauga »

Deal ultimately fell through, it has been relisted here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=84712" target="_blank
Last edited by Tubainsauga on Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.
barry grrr-ero
4 valves
4 valves

Re: Neptune (Rotary) for sale $7,000 OBO

Post by barry grrr-ero »

A lot of bang for the bucks, folks. Tuning demands might be a little too fussy to play in the Berlin Phil. with one of these, but you can put a bottom on a concert band all by yourself. Stick in a Stofer Geib and you're good to go. Works for me.
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

Curious - how does the 1st valve kicker work?
KevinMadden
3 valves
3 valves

Post by KevinMadden »

Nice looking big axe.

A few questions for you:

Is this a CC tuba? (Are Neptunes always C tubas?)

What did you need from the lead pipe angle change? (are you an average height player with a big ol' tuba.. or are you a giant? :shock: )

And what is the second 5th valve slide you mention? Does it enable you to either have the 5th a flat whole step or a 2&3 combo?

Thanks
Ithaca College, B.M. 2009
University of Nebraska - Lincoln, M.M. 2017, D.M.A. 2020
Wessex Artiste
Wessex "Grand" BBb, Wessex Solo Eb, Wessex Dulce
Douglas
Low Brass Teacher
Low Brass Teacher

Post by Douglas »

KevinMadden wrote:Nice looking big axe.

A few questions for you:

Is this a CC tuba? (Are Neptunes always C tubas?)
All Neptunes are in CC.
Doug Black, D.M.A.
Assistant Professor of Music, Alabama A&M University
Eastman Tuba Artist
Tubainsauga

Post by Tubainsauga »

To answer the question about the kicker, it's a lever mounted just about the 5th valve that pushes a small arm to push out the first valve slide. I've never really used it as I'm more comfortable with my hand over the top, but it's there.

The lead pipe change was a pretty minor, just a little extra contact for my bottom lip versus my top lip. Mainly to match what I had done to another tuba earlier.

Third, the extra slide for the 5th valve is, I believe, to be used with the reversible fifth valve so you can pitch the horn in BBflat (kinda).
Tubainsauga

Post by Tubainsauga »

bump
Tubainsauga

Post by Tubainsauga »

****RELISTED****