TRADED: Gronitz PCK Silver $14,500

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
thevillagetuba
4 valves
4 valves

TRADED: Gronitz PCK Silver $14,500

Post by thevillagetuba »

TRADED
I am selling my Silver Gronitz PCK. This horn is about 3 years old and I am the third owner (original seller sold it here, and I traded my new PT6P, with Baer mods, for it with the second owner about a month after he bought it). The silver is still 100% with minor little dents and scratches from regular use. The worst scratche(s) is/are shown in the pictures.

The horn has had two modifications:

-Saturn water key was added which helped even out the registers and increase the ease of playing and slotting even more than it already was.

- 4th valve tuning has been redone to remove the multiple 90-degree bends which helped to open up the notes that use that valve and allowed them to speak easier and clearer.

It comes with a black leather Cronkhite gig bag, plenty of extra supplies (felts, water keys, spare finger buttons, etc.), and PVAK.

If you read the post linked above, you'll see endorsements listed for how great this horn plays and I couldn't agree with them more. This is the best PCK I have played, but I don't use it anymore and can't justify a horn of this caliber just sitting around my studio.

The price is $14,500 for everything and it is located in Cleveland, Ohio. I would prefer not to ship and would be willing to drive some distance to meet a buyer (I picked this horn in Baton Rouge, LA to avoid shipping). If we need to ship, it will be at buyers expense and expect it to be costly with packing and weight (Just make the trip and don't risk the damage).

Pictures: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6MOy ... Dd4dnBjaEk" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank

Please contact me with any questions.

EDIT: Will be willing to trade this horn for a 4/4 C, preferably piston, or a larger rotary F plus cash. Clones are not necessarily off of the table, nor is trading this for two horns (plus the cash to make up the difference in values)

TRADED
Last edited by thevillagetuba on Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Robert S. Pratt
B.M., M.M. Tuba Performance
Getzen G60 prototype
BBruce107
3 valves
3 valves

Re: FS: Gronitz PCK Silver $14,500

Post by BBruce107 »

Bump for the easiest playing tuba I have ever used. I know the original owner and he allowed me to play it at Midwest Tuba Euph Conference in 2015. He kept this horn exquisite and the sound was INCREDIBLE!
Brandon Bruce
Principal Tuba Gaylord Symphony Orchestra
Principal Tuba Alpena Symphony Orchestra
qcbctuba
bugler
bugler

Post by qcbctuba »

this has nothing to do with you, but i have noticed quite a bit of pck's that have gone up on the market. not assuming anything, but is that just a coincidence?

there's two at baltimore brass, and with this, there are four on the board.
thevillagetuba
4 valves
4 valves

Post by thevillagetuba »

qcbctuba wrote:this has nothing to do with you, but i have noticed quite a bit of pck's that have gone up on the market. not assuming anything, but is that just a coincidence?

there's two at baltimore brass, and with this, there are four on the board.
It's a coincidence. These are great horns, the easiest I have ever played, but they do not fit in a lot of smaller situations (which is why I'm selling mine as I can't justify keeping this to play once a year). I know one of those other three was traded for a similar horn. I cannot speak for the other two, but I am sure it is just the time in between seasons/academic years and the most opportune time to get acquainted with a new horn without deadlines approaching.
Robert S. Pratt
Getzen G60 prototype
ValveSmoke
bugler
bugler

Post by ValveSmoke »

I'm puzzled why this post and pictures refers to a silver horn and the referenced earlier sale link refers to yellow brass. Not challenging, just seeking to understand.
Kit Johnson

He plays for his own enjoyment and other people's amusement.
thevillagetuba
4 valves
4 valves

Post by thevillagetuba »

ValveSmoke wrote:I'm puzzled why this post and pictures refers to a silver horn and the referenced earlier sale link refers to yellow brass. Not challenging, just seeking to understand.
Yellow brass refers to the material the horn is made of and not the finish. If you look at the pictures in that post you will see the horn is silver plated over the yellow brass.
Robert S. Pratt
Getzen G60 prototype
thevillagetuba
4 valves
4 valves

Post by thevillagetuba »

Bump. Have had some interest, but no commitments. This horn is still available.
Robert S. Pratt
Getzen G60 prototype
thevillagetuba
4 valves
4 valves

Re: FS/FT: Gronitz PCK Silver $14,500

Post by thevillagetuba »

Bump for the willingness to do a trade+cash.
Robert S. Pratt
Getzen G60 prototype