Very Nice 52j *SOLD*

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
andrew the tuba player
3 valves
3 valves

Very Nice 52j *SOLD*

Post by andrew the tuba player »

Hey everyone.

I have a satin silver 2009 52j that is very near perfect.
It has a few small dings on the back but other than that the body is perfect
The finish is great. There is one slide that has a small chip in it at the end. That's it.
I don't beleive in sitting horns on the bell
So the bell is pefect. No deformities, past repairs or scratches from being on the bell

I bought the horn in '09 and then joined the military in '11. For 5 years it mostly sat in the closet as i didn't have time or a group to play with. Every couple months I'd pull it out and bathe it to keep the dust off and out and play it for an hour or two.
So all five valves are still factory smooth. The slides all pull out fine.

Playing wise it is great. I don't "trombone" any of the slides. The only one i change is i pull the first slightly when playing a D in the staff or above but i also tend to go sharp on every horn i play those pitches on. I have always gotten comments on "the pretty horn" and even more once I play.

The reason I'm looking to sell is that up until recently I was planning on majoring in music in college, But I have since decided to go another direction and the only group I have to play in is a traditional British Brass Band.I'd like to find a suitable BBb replacement for it. It really pains me to sell it as this is by far one of my favorite horns.

It also has the original wheeled case. It has a lot of scuffs but is definitely usable.

The price is $5000+ shipping or I'd like to trade for a nice sizable BBb. It must be silver with (at least) 4 piston valves(my group is very traditonal). The horn is in Northwest Arkansas.

I will get some pictures and post them tonight.
Last edited by andrew the tuba player on Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1969 Mirafone 186 BBb
1965 Conn 20J
Olds fiberglass Sousaphone Project- for sale
Epiphone Thunderbird Bass Guitar
Cremona 3/4 upright bass
summittubaline08
bugler
bugler

Re: WTS/T Very Nice 52j

Post by summittubaline08 »

pm sent.
andrew the tuba player
3 valves
3 valves

Pictures as promised:

https://m.imgur.com/a/nwqkG" target="_blank
1969 Mirafone 186 BBb
1965 Conn 20J
Cremona 3/4 upright bass
Carl Mercer
lurker
lurker

Post by Carl Mercer »

It's a shame this isn't a BBb or I would have swapped for a Besson Sovereign 992BBb

Good luck selling it, it's a great looking tuba
andrew the tuba player
3 valves
3 valves

The horn has been sold.
1969 Mirafone 186 BBb
1965 Conn 20J
Cremona 3/4 upright bass