King 1261 Eb 4-valve sousaphone

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
tokuno
3 valves
3 valves

King 1261 Eb 4-valve sousaphone

Post by tokuno »

This is one of the WW2 limited-vendor horns. Has U.S. engraved on the bell, and the sn dates to the early 1940s.
Old Tubenet post explained the history: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=72425&p=588490&hili ... rs#p588490

I bought this a ways back from a high school that had played the valves down to bare brass.
I was planning this to be my main sousaphone, so invested in an Anderson valve replating, but have played it very little since; the valves are like new and are all original / serial-matched to the horn.
The horn is tuned to 440 - normal pitch.
It's a full-circle horn. The "pig sticker" is addressed by reversing the main tuning slide so the spit valve points away.
$1500 + shipping from Northern California
Higher-res files available here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6r95 ... VdCLWVzMXc
And I'd be glad to add more pics - given a few days to get it done - upon request.
IMG_1990r.jpg
Edit: added a picture to google drive (see link of high-res photos, above) of the bell engraving per request, and confirmed: it is a 24" bell
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by tokuno on Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fenne1ca
3 valves
3 valves

Re: King 1261 Eb 4-valve sousaphone

Post by fenne1ca »

I would absolutely love to take this off your hands if I had the cash. I'll be the first to request some additional photos. I do love me some "horn dorn!"
Chris Fenner
1918 Keefer Eb
191? Keefer BBb Helicon
Ace
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Ace »

Are you near Berkeley?

Ace
tokuno
3 valves
3 valves

Post by tokuno »

Ace wrote:Are you near Berkeley?

Ace
i'm in Saratoga (South Bay, near San Jose).