King 1140 Ft. Myers FL SOLD

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
edsel585960
5 valves
5 valves

King 1140 Ft. Myers FL SOLD

Post by edsel585960 »

3/4 size Bb student horn. Comes with mouthpiece. More information on my CL ad. https://fortmyers.craigslist.org/lee/ms ... 47022.html" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank Link to horn being played. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBQTLvkmZVo" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank :tuba:
Last edited by edsel585960 on Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Conn 20-21 J
Conn 10J, Conn 26 K, Martin Mammoth, Mirafone 186, Soviet Helicon, Holton Raincatcher Sousaphone, Yamaha 103, King 1240.
The Big Ben
6 valves
6 valves

Re: King 1140 Ft. Myers FL $475

Post by The Big Ben »

edsel585960 wrote:3/4 size Bb student horn. More information on my CL ad. https://fortmyers.craigslist.org/lee/ms ... 47022.html" target="_blank" target="_blank Link to horn being played. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBQTLvkmZVo" target="_blank" target="_blank" :
The seller seems to be an experienced tuba player and tooted a bit on it. (See Youtube link) It sounded in tune and he said he went through the and soldered anything loose cleaned it up. A buyer could spend some time with coarse wire wool to take the rest of the lacquer off and some rubbing with some fine wire wool to give it a more even finish. It comes with a case and, at $475 (the picture shows a mouthpiece so I hope one is included) it would be a great stay at home practice horn for a late grade school, middle school aspiring tuba player. Twenty minutes or a half hour of scales could be put in every night. Plus the instruction in band every day, a player could move ahead quickly. When a player progresses past this level, if the horn looks pretty much like it did when it was bought, it probably be sold for the same $475 price. A middle school tubist in Florida to get a lot of good practice and good use out of this. (Maybe use it for football and basketball games in HS so the "good horn' isn't risked.
Last edited by The Big Ben on Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
edsel585960
5 valves
5 valves

Re: King 1140 Ft. Myers FL $475

Post by edsel585960 »

Thanks for the plug Ben. There is a mouthpiece included. :) It's a hobby of mine fixing horns. Got in to it when the local shop charged me $45 bucks to solder a thumb ring back on. :shock: It ain't rocket science, its plumbing. :) I try to keep the price down so parents don't have to take out a 2nd mortgage on the house to get their students a playable horn. May not be pretty but they will play. If I count the hours I work on them I don't make squat. :lol: Just try to make enough to buy more solder. I could strip the lacquer on the bell but more time spent on it means the cost would go up. :wink:
Conn 20-21 J
Conn 10J, Conn 26 K, Martin Mammoth, Mirafone 186, Soviet Helicon, Holton Raincatcher Sousaphone, Yamaha 103, King 1240.
edsel585960
5 valves
5 valves

Re: King 1140 Ft. Myers FL $425

Post by edsel585960 »

Bump. price drop to $425.
Conn 20-21 J