TRADED: Rudolf Meinl 4/4 CC

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
adelarosa
bugler
bugler

TRADED: Rudolf Meinl 4/4 CC

Post by adelarosa »

Horn has been traded.

For sale is an excellent condition Rudy Meinl 4/4 in CC with five rotor valves. This model comes with the factory OEM second valve kicker. The lead pipe and main tuning slide are formed from rose brass.

This horn has brilliant color and consistently open throughout - not at all stuffy like some 4/4 Rudys in the low register. Intonation is very good - I do not find the need to move any of the slides (albeit all slides do move freely). The valves are the best rotors I've played; very fast and with a definitive short throw. Horn was cleaned and serviced earlier this year by Chris Hite whose work and professionalism is truly amongst the best I've come across.

As you can see in the pictures, the bell was creased by a former owner and has been worked out. In person it's not easily noticed but stands out in pictures. There are a few small dings on bow but I've tried to document them in the photos. At one point an owner tried to inscribe a "serial number" for record purposes... Chris did a wonderful job of smoothing out the inscription on the fourth valve tubing.

I enjoy this instrument tremendously and will be sorry to see it go. My only interest in selling is to find a 3/4 Rudy of comparable caliber. If you have a 3/4 and are interested in stepping up your bore feel free to call or email.

HORN HAS BEEN TRADED. Includes a very good condition black Cronkite leather gig bag.

I am happy to have you come to Cincinnati to trial (I have an excellent room to let for trialling); I'll even feed and house you for a night. Shipping is by Greyhound only and extra cost paid by buyer.

Thanks for your interest,
Austin
Last edited by adelarosa on Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Re: FS: Rudolf Meinl 4/4 CC

Post by bort »

Great looking tuba! :shock:

I talked with Austin about his tuba -- at length -- a little while ago, and ultimately I decided to not pursue it. I've already owned a Rudy 4/4, and want to go in a different direction. Well, I think so, at least. There's just something about these tubas that are so... gravitational...?

Anyway, bump for Austin's tuba. The tuba -- and Austin -- are both great!
adelarosa
bugler
bugler

Re: FS: Rudolf Meinl 4/4 CC

Post by adelarosa »

Horn has been traded. Thanks to all parties interested.
Maasterkrafk88
lurker
lurker

Re: TRADED: Rudolf Meinl 4/4 CC

Post by Maasterkrafk88 »

I have a brilliant Rudolf meinl I'm looking to serve a true player with. Yes is for sale or trade for a guitar.
Tabor
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Tabor »

the elephant wrote:
Maasterkrafk88 wrote:I have a brilliant Rudolf meinl I'm looking to serve a true player with. Yes is for sale or trade for a guitar.
You need to post your own ad and not put your horn up for sale in someone else's ad, which is pretty uncool to the person whose ad you hijacked, as well as being a very ineffective way to sell your own horn. The vast majority of potential buyers will never see your horn if you post about it in someone else's ad.

Also, we have guidelines above in the pink box. You need to follow them. It is also HIGHLY recommended that you post photos. If you want to trade for a guitar you need to be pretty specific about what you want.

Post your own advert. Post all the needed information. Post photos if you can, or post a link to your photos. Post a price. Post your location. Thank you. Good luck! :tuba:

This thread hijacking "ad" reeks of scammer in a way that is not usually on Tube Net. Apologies if the person is really just working under a different idea of value.
Tubas
Maasterkrafk88
lurker
lurker

Post by Maasterkrafk88 »

I'm vet sorry to ask that were misled by my novice misunderstanding. To bee clear, I saw that it said " TRADED" and " thanks to all parties involved" I thought the transaction was over, I didn't realize my post would be attached and posted as it was. Sincere apologies.
MICHAEL GILLEN
Maasterkrafk88
lurker
lurker

Post by Maasterkrafk88 »

*very sorry to all involved