Meinl Weston 2250SP For Sale or Trade Bookmark and Share

Sell personal equipment
Forum rules
This is for selling your personal equipment, but sponsored selling is allowed as well. We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Price, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories) need to be included in the ad, or at least be very clear in link provided. It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay Auctions, but Buy it now listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.

Meinl Weston 2250SP For Sale or Trade

Postby ASTuba » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:13 pm

​I purchased this tuba a year ago, it is a fantastic example of an 2250. Plays wonderfully, little slide pulling required. A change in my playing needs and interest over the last few months have led me to consider parting with this tuba. From the Meinl Weston website:

Key: F
Size: 6/4
Bore: .748-inch Primary; .787-inch 4th Valve and .807-inch 5th Valve
Bell: 17.3-inch
Bell Material: Yellow Brass
Bell Position: Upright
Number of Valves: 5
Valve Position: Front
Valve Type: 4 Piston and One Rotary
Valve Material: Stainless Steel Pistons and Brass Rotary
Features: 5th Thumb Activated Rotary Valve; Open Design for Improved Low Register
Finish: Silver

I have used this tuba for many orchestra and solo performances, and will be glad to share a recording with interested people. A Cronkhite gig bag is included with the tuba.

I additionally have a set of MAW valves for this instrument, which I am willing to sell with the tuba, or separately.

If I were to sell:

Tuba and Gig Bag - $8,000
MAW Valves - $1,000
Tuba, Gig Bag, and MAW Valves - $8,750

Trade is possible for a Rotary Valve F tuba: Miraphone Elektra, Miraphone Firebird, or other models considered.

Shipping not included, horn is located in Raleigh, NC.

http://www.asmithtuba.com/meinl-weston-2250-for-sale-or-trade.html if you'd like more pictures or have questions.
Andy Smith, DMA
Director of Athletic Bands and Assistant Professor of Low Brass, Campbell University
Principal Tuba, Fayetteville (NC) Symphony
http://www.asmithtuba.com
ASTuba
pro musician
pro musician

Return to For Sale by Owner