FS Miraphone 1292 (New Yorker) CC - SOLD

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Bill Troiano
5 valves
5 valves

FS Miraphone 1292 (New Yorker) CC - SOLD

Post by Bill Troiano »

I bought this tuba from a UNT student a few years ago and it has served me well. I'm selling it because I'm no longer playing it. I'm finding I get by just fine with my 1965, 186CC, which is truly an all purpose instrument. At this stage of my life, I don't need a large 4/4 - 5/4 tuba anymore.

Last year, I ordered the American receiver from Miraphone and had it installed on the tuba, enabling me to use a mouthpiece with an American shank. I found that the tuba responds quicker and slots better with this set up, that several other players use and recommended. I still have the euro receiver if any buyer wanted to switch them out. The tuba has some small dents and a couple nickel sized ones on the back of the horn. The silver plating is excellent, except for a few spots around the thumb ring area where the hand rests and where it wore off from the previous owner.

This is the only picture I have of it right now. I took it last year for some reason. The shelving piece for slippage is no longer on the instrument. I do have the thumb ring, but I chose not to use it. It screws right on the threaded fitting. The tuba is slightly tarnished in this picture, but it's really tarnished right now from sitting around unplayed. When a buyer is interested, I will have it cleaned, serviced and polished as I did a couple of years ago. It will look and play great. There's no sense in me having it serviced now and letting it tarnish again.

I'm asking $7500.00 for the tuba with an Altieri bag. I'm in the Austin, TX area. Buyer pays shipping within the U.S. You can email me at: tubabill@gmail.com" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank. Thanks!

Last edited by Bill Troiano on Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Troiano
5 valves
5 valves

Re: FS Miraphone 1292 (New Yorker) CC

Post by Bill Troiano »

Still here. Good price for this tuba.