Conn 4-Valve Eb Tuba for Sale- $1300 OBO

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
CodyMessersmith
bugler
bugler

Conn 4-Valve Eb Tuba for Sale- $1300 OBO

Post by CodyMessersmith »

I am selling a vintage 4-valve Conn Eb tuba. This horn was built in 1914, and has been kept in stellar condition! The horn is currently located in Scranton, PA. This horn was purchase five years ago from Baltimore Brass Co. The horn is in sliver plate with very little tarnish or wear. There minimal dents through the horn, but obviously there are a few, non large enough to be noticed by anyone other than the player, and definitely none that would alter intonation. The intonation of the horn is extremely centered. Notes towards the top of the staff tend to slightly off, as with any horn made during this time, or modern horns for that matter. This horn seems to have had some small modifications done to it years ago to lower the pitch to A 440. I have played this horn all throughout my undergraduate degree. It has served me extremely well in every setting, quintet, orchestra, solo, and even some lighter band repertoire. I honestly have no complaints about the horn. I hate to part with it, but I am hoping to upgrade my bass tuba within the coming months. The horn was last serviced by a technician about 8 months ago, but I regularly keep up with cleanings on my own. The horn comes with a padded backpack-style Tuba Exchange gig bag. I am asking $1300 OBO for the horn. The horn is available for local trials near the Scranton, PA area. If you are a serious buyer I will consider meeting you so that you may test drive the horn. Should you be a great distance from Pennsylvania, where shipping will be required, the buyer will pay all shipping costs. If you should have any questions pertaining to the horn, please feel free to ask!

http://s1255.photobucket.com/user/Cody_ ... slideshow/" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank

Cody Messersmith
Low Brass Artist
codymessersmith.weebly.com
https://www.lefreque.com/artists/cody-messersmith" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank
haguir22
lurker
lurker

Re: Conn 4-Valve Eb Tuba for Sale- $1300 OBO

Post by haguir22 »

Is this horn still available?
fenne1ca
3 valves
3 valves

Re: Conn 4-Valve Eb Tuba for Sale- $1300 OBO

Post by fenne1ca »

Are you still trying to sell this tuba?