Gotta Get Rid Of Some Stuff!

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Dan Schultz
TubaTinker
TubaTinker

Gotta Get Rid Of Some Stuff!

Post by Dan Schultz »

I usually just rely on my web 'for sale' page but I simply have WAAAY too much stuff around here:

Marzan 'slant-rotor' 4V BBb tuba... Raw brass and dent free. Original string linkages that operate VERY well and have my signature 'improvements' that adds support to the string arms to eliminate the need to have the strings overly tight. No case. $3,500.

Marzan 'slant-rotor' 4V CC tuba... Ninety percent original lacquer. Original string linkages that operate VERY well and have my signature 'improvements' that adds support to the string arms to eliminate the need to have the strings overly tight. No case. $3,500.

THREE B & S/VMI model 101 tubas... BBb with four rotors. One is not engraved. Two are engraved 'Sonora'. These horns play very well. Raw brass. No cases. $1,950 each.

Karl Zeiss BBb four rotor tuba... Dent free and in raw brass. I finished assembling this one the end of October 2016 and it's been out on loan. Great horn for a student, seasoned amateur, or working professional. No case. $1,850.

Holton 'short-action' BBb sousaphone... Yes... Holton made a short action sousaphone to compete with the Conn 20K but dropped it after just a few years of production. In my opinion... the Holton plays as well as the Conn variety but I suppose there just wasn't enough business for everyone. The two sousas are nearly identical in size. In fact.... the bells will interchange! This horns has most of its lacquer but there is no case. Neck and bits included. $2,500.

Holton 'raincatcher' BBb sousaphone... In silver with brand new Anderson valve rebuild. Some reconstruction on the bottom of the main bows due to improper storage apparently for decades. The bows are patched and epoxy-coated on the inside and will last another hundred years! No case. $2,850.

Antoine Cortois - Paris model 154 Bb flugelhorn serial number 2019X... lacquered brass. Near mint condition. Includes original mouthpiece and case. $1,500.

Getzen 700 'Eterna' Bb trumpet in silver. Serial number SK489XX... Very good condition. Gig bag included. $800.

Bundy (Bach-Selmer-Elkhart) Bb ML trumpet serial number 4731XX... Very good condition. Great starter instrument for student or come-back player. $300.
Dan Schultz
"The Village Tinker"
http://www.thevillagetinker.com" target="_blank
Current 'stable'... Rudolf Meinl 5/4, Marzan (by Willson) euph, King 2341, Alphorn, and other strange stuff.
Tubajug
5 valves
5 valves

Re: Gotta Get Rid Of Some Stuff!

Post by Tubajug »

I would love to take that raincatcher off your hands, but alas, I have no money for horns at the moment. If I remember right, it's got the same engraving as on my Holton Monster Eb bell. That would make for a nice set!
Jordan
King 2341 with a Holton "Monster" Eb bell
Eb Frankentuba
Martin Medium Eb Helicon

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving's probably not for you.
rpil
lurker
lurker

Re: Gotta Get Rid Of Some Stuff!

Post by rpil »

Hi Dan, please PM me if either of the Holton sousaphones are still available!