Miraphone 1292 For Sale

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Mahleriffic
lurker
lurker

Miraphone 1292 For Sale

Post by Mahleriffic »

Hello everyone,

I am selling my Miraphone 1292 New Yorker CC tuba. It is the standard 5-valve silver plated model with bell garland. I purchased it from the WWBW showroom, picked out by Roger Lewis, about 8 years ago, and it has been an extremely trusty instrument though it has been idle the past year or so. The only real damage it has suffered is a roughly hand-sized crease in the bell, caused by the mortal enemy of tubas everywhere-- air travel. It was easily ironed out and the residue mark is barely visible, though I have tried to photograph it as best I could. In any case, it hasn't affected the structure or playing of the instrument in any way. There is also a small fingerprint-size dent in one of the lower curves of the wrap and several small dings on the bell, and other than that it is in perfect condition. It is in need of a polish, which it would receive before sending it out to anyone. With it I am selling its custom-built Unitec flight case. This case has flown with the tuba probably two dozen times and has protected it from all but the aforementioned damage, and is still in excellent shape itself. If you really want it I also have the standard blue Miraphone gig bag, which I have enjoyed using a lot (and so it shows). I've been extremely happy with this instrument for its versatility, as its very well suited for just about any kind of playing you want. The tuba and I are located in Denver, and I would be perfectly willing to ship it for trial periods. I'm also down to drive it partway. Looking for $9000 including the flight case, gig bag is free if you want it. Please send me an email at colby_parker@comcast.net" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank if you are interested!

Here's the photo album. Half of the pictures were from my brightly lit third story apartment when I halfheartedly tried to sell it 2 years ago, the other half were taken literally minutes ago in my very poorly lit basement apartment. The two side by side can show you both a good picture of the tuba's condition and what a good job that flight case does, as I've moved 4 times since the first set were taken! Let me know if you would like more.
https://www.flickr.com/gp/53327228@N03/LzTc76

UPDATE: SOLD. Thanks everyone for your interest!