Conn 4J BBb tuba w/case $1750 SOLD

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
AHynds
3 valves
3 valves

Conn 4J BBb tuba w/case $1750 SOLD

Post by AHynds »

Edit: And it's gone! That was quick! The horn is now off to a good new home.

Hello, one and all!

After some thought, I am considering selling my old Conn 4J BBb tuba. According to the serial number, this horn was manufactured in the 1950s, and it is in great condition given its age. The bell and bottom bow are actually from a Conn 2J, which fits cleanly onto the Conn 4J body. The original bell was partially crushed before I took possession of the horn, so the new bell is quite the upgrade! The bell was fitted by master repairman Kevin Powers of Monroe, MI, and while he had the horn, he knocked out some dents and straightened a divot in the bottom bow guard. The fourth valve slide has a few little imperfections in the slide tube, which don't affect the performance. Other than that, the instrument is in good shape as is.

It will come with its original case, which is still hanging on. The handles will need replacing soon, but the case is structurally sound.

I am located in Kearney, NE (pretty much the middle of the state), and I would prefer to hand off in person. Kearney is on I-80, so anywhere a reasonable distance away on 80 is fair game. I really like this horn, but I'm using it to bankroll the purchase of a nice set of microphone preamps. Given that I make my living as an audio technician and I pretty much only play my CC and Eb, something has to go. My loss can be your gain! I am asking $1750 for the horn and case, and if shipping is requested, that will be added on. If you're interested, message me here or email at hyndsa [at] gmail [dot] com

Pics:
Aaron Hynds, DMA
Lecturer, Music Business & New Media - University of Kentucky
I like to make and record sounds with metal pipes and computers.