FS: nice priced Conn bass trombone

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
tubaport
bugler
bugler

FS: nice priced Conn bass trombone

Post by tubaport »

Hi all. I've got two bass trombones and being primarily a Tuba player only need one. If you're looking to get into doubling and want to work on bass, this would be a great horn. Plays very open and has that classic Conn sound. Located in the Cincy area. Please feel free to reach out with any questions, thanks.

******Listing has been moved to Ebay, if interested please PM me for a link. Thanks.********
Last edited by tubaport on Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kyle Hurst

”Wagner use to read the libretti of his operas to his friends; I’m glad I was not there.”
Ralph Vaughan Williams
tubaport
bugler
bugler

Re: FS: nice priced Conn bass trombone

Post by tubaport »

Great horn, still available. Feel free to reach out with questions and/or offers.
Kyle Hurst

”Wagner use to read the libretti of his operas to his friends; I’m glad I was not there.”
Ralph Vaughan Williams
tubaport
bugler
bugler

Post by tubaport »

Bump
Kyle Hurst

Ralph Vaughan Williams
Basement
bugler
bugler

Post by Basement »

Is the horn still available? Looking to purchase ASAP
Best part about hitting rock bottom? The only place to go is up!
tylerferris1213
3 valves
3 valves

Post by tylerferris1213 »

I'm not as well versed in bass trombone models. How does the Conn 110-H compare to the 72-H?
Tyler Ferris
Wessex British F
York Monster Eb
Getzen CB-50 CC
Cerveny CBB-601 BBb
"Yamayork" Frankentuba Contrabass FF
gregsundt
Undecided
Undecided

Post by gregsundt »

tylerferris1213 wrote:I'm not as well versed in bass trombone models. How does the Conn 110-H compare to the 72-H?
110H: Open wrap, 10" bell, newer mfg.
72H: Trad. wrap (ala 88H), 9 1/2" bell. A classic; hasn't been built for years.

Both single-valve horns. My experience with a 112H (double valve version of the 110) is that the slide is a bit short for the long 7th position. Not a life-or-death issue, but an issue.
"The only problem with that tuba is, it does everything you tell it to!" - Robert LeBlanc