FS: Bach 42BO (pre-strike) in excellent condition

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
LarryPrestonRoberson
lurker
lurker

FS: Bach 42BO (pre-strike) in excellent condition

Post by LarryPrestonRoberson »

Okay, it's not a euphonium or tuba. But, it's a good deal!

Bach Stradivarius 42BO:
- 2000-2005 (serial# 142,XXX. Can't find a more specific date in Conn-Selmer database; probably 2003 or earlier)
- Open wrap, Yellow Brass Bell and slide
- Excellent playing and cosmetic condition: about 97% lacquer (95% is original, professionally touched up)
- Just serviced and chemically cleaned at Rich Ita's Brass Instrument Workshop in Marietta, GA
- Bach wood-shell zippered case in very good condition

Asking $1500 OBO. Insured shipping (in continental U.S.) and PayPal fees included.

pictures:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7h53 ... WZDaldreUk

Full disclosure:
The 42BO is one of my personal trombones. I bought it used about a year ago. It had one owner before me. I barely played it and it hasn't been played since being serviced and cleaned. It's a great trombone, but I have too many. And the instrument room is about to become a nursery for the baby that's on the way.

According to the information I found at the Bach Loyalist, it was made well before the strike:
http://www.bachloyalist.com/serials/serial_trombone.htm

Bell section: The yellow brass bell is perfect. The F-attachment had a couple of dings removed from its tuning slide and the lacquer was touched-up. The rotor has the mini ball style linkage and is smooth and quite. There is a little wear on goose neck from contact.
Slide: The slide action is smooth; about 9/10. The inner slide is flawless with NO stocking wear. The outer slide has had the lacquer touched up, but looks almost perfect; there are a couple of stray dings on the slide crook has, but doesn't effect playability. The lacquer was touched up there as well. There is the typical wear on the the hand grip
Case: wood-shell, zippered case, is in great condition. But it is missing the secondary end handle. Or, if preferred, I have an older 80s/90s era brown Bach case (w/ latches) in decent condition. It's functional/protective, but isn't pretty.

This Bach 42BO trombone is in excellent condition. It would be great for an advancing student or professional. As I previously stated, I am asking $1500 OBO. I'm also offering a discount to students, but everyone is welcome to make an offer. I will cover domestic shipping, insurance, and PayPal fees. Please contact me via email listed in my profile.

Thanks for looking!
LarryPrestonRoberson
lurker
lurker

Re: FS: Bach 42BO (pre-strike) in excellent condition

Post by LarryPrestonRoberson »

Sold. I'll try to delete when I get to a computer. Thanks!