FS: Eastman 632/Gig bag--SOLD

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Ethan M
bugler
bugler

FS: Eastman 632/Gig bag--SOLD

Post by Ethan M »

Hi everyone!

I'm putting my lacquered Eastman 632 CC up for sale. I bought the horn new from Dillon Music in December of 2016, and I've had great experience with it. There's a lot of writing about these horns here on TN, so I won't write a novel about how much I like this horn.

How it plays
This horn served as a do-it-all horn; I played it in full-scale ensembles, smaller bands, small ensembles, and for solo work. I never had any issues fitting this horn into any setting. It is one of the most responsive horns I've ever had the pleasure of playing; that was what initially struck me when I tried out the demo horn at Midwest last year. Intonation is fantastic; when I started off with it, I was pulling the first slide a bit for F below the staff, and moving the fourth a bit for some low register stuff. After I settled into the horn, I found I didn't need to touch the slides except for the near-pedal register. The slides are easily accessible and quite smooth. The MTS has a lot of room on it, so even when I had a short outdoor concert on a 95 degree, 95% humidity day, I found I had enough room to get myself to pitch. The sound on this horn is quite flexible; I could pull bright or dark sounds out of it. In short, I didn't have any gripes about how this horn plays. I didn't find that it was sensitive to mouthpiece changes; most anything I put in it sounded good, so I used a few different pieces throughout the time I used the horn.

As for why I'm selling, I got a good deal on a fantastic horn that works better for how I play and what I want to do with it. I cleaned this horn out before I moved back in for school; since then, it has sat unplayed. I don't have a good excuse to own two excellent CC's right now, so I want to find this horn a new home.

Condition
The horn is in good used condition. I took good care of this horn, but it has gathered a couple of the normal dings/scratches since I bought it. There aren't any major issues to speak of. There are a few small dings and scratches on the outer bow, and there's one ding in the bell. Other than that, there are a just couple spots on the inner bows where the factory missed with the lacquer, which I thought was odd. I talked briefly with Matt Walters about it, and decided that it didn't bother me. Those spots are not easily visible; I was even having trouble getting pictures where one could make them out. The included gig bag is the standard blue Miraphone bag, which they make for their 1293. It fits like a glove, and to my eye, looks like new. The sturdy Eastman hard case that came with it has sat at home since I got it, so it is 'like new' as well. I tried to show the blemishes I mentioned in the pictures; let me know if there's anything I should add to the album.

Link for Pictures--https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1pOV ... XM0bFVzbEk

Location, Price, and Shipping
Location--In or near Lincoln, Nebraska
Price--I'm looking to get $5000 for the horn, hard case, and gig bag.
Shipping--At this point, I am not interested in shipping this horn. I am willing to drive up to, but no more than
four hours in any direction from Lincoln, NE to meet a buyer halfway if I have cleared payment before I leave. That would take me to Des Moines, IA, North Platte, NE, Kansas City, or possibly Wichita, KS. As my schedule, and I'm sure everyone else's, is pretty packed, I will give priority to a buyer who is closer or who is willing to come get it from me in Lincoln.

Let me know if you have any questions! The fastest way to contact me is my email: millington (dot) ethan (at) gmail (dot) com, but I'll answer PM's via TubeNet as well.

Thanks for reading!! :tuba: :tuba:
Last edited by Ethan M on Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ethan M
bugler
bugler

Re: FS: Eastman 632/Gig bag

Post by Ethan M »

Bump!