SOLD - FS Gnagey CC York/King

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
TheZechman
bugler
bugler

SOLD - FS Gnagey CC York/King

Post by TheZechman »

For Sale is my custom CC York/King tuba.

I wish I could hold on to this horn forever, but a dream deal has come into my view, and I need to make a move, so I have priced this horn to move ASAP.

This horn is a 20" York bell with a set of small bore King valves. It was crafted by the great Sam Gnagey (as you can tell by the 5th valve trigger), and if you know his horns, you know they have a very unique and applicable sound. If you are looking for a great all around horn that is lightweight, has a large, classic american sound, and don't want to drop mucho bucks, you've found the right horn.

I have been easily able to carry an orchestra with this horn, and I am also able to play in my brass quintet and I get to keep a big horn sound. Something that BLOWS MY MIND with this instrument is it's flexibility. With the small King valves, I am able to slur and move quickly like I'm playing a flugelhorn. The air loss when changing pitches is UNBELIEVEABLE, and I am able to play the cleanest Circus march licks (Melody Shop, Rolling Thunder) I have ever played in my life, while keeping a great big sound.

With any big bell horn, it keeps a great husky sound, and gives away what I believe is the great american tuba sound. If you are playing in a brass quintet or a brass band, or need a great horn for all around playing, I urge you to check this out.

I am selling this horn for $4350 OBO. I am located in Pittsburgh, PA.

That's definitely a great price, and I can tell you for sure it's less then what I payed for it! I wish I could keep both, but I can't see myself having two contrabass tubas

Feel free to PM me here, or send me an email at MZech1993@gmail.com" target="_blank" target="_blank with offers/Questions

Here is a link to images of the horn!
https://imgur.com/gallery/Xykop" target="_blank" target="_blank

Mike
Last edited by TheZechman on Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tubajug
5 valves
5 valves

Re: PRICED TO MOVE - FS Gnagey CC York/King

Post by Tubajug »

Beautiful horn!
Jordan
King 2341 with a Holton "Monster" Eb bell
Eb Frankentuba
Martin Medium Eb Helicon

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving's probably not for you.
TheZechman
bugler
bugler

Re: PRICED TO MOVE - FS Gnagey CC York/King

Post by TheZechman »

Horn has been sold. Thanks!
MZech1993@gmail.com
Eastman 836
Besson 984
USN