FS: Miraphone CC 186 c. 1961-62 Asking 3000.00

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
dweston58
lurker
lurker

FS: Miraphone CC 186 c. 1961-62 Asking 3000.00

Post by dweston58 »

Dan Schultz posted my horn on his profile for me as I didn't have my account up and running at that time...I want to thank Dan for doing that for me.....

I am selling my 1961-62 CC Miraphone tuba, it is raw brass, has clockwork springs, some small flaws and small dents however they do not effect the sound nor the playing of the horn. My friend Tom Treese has worked on my horn and has gotten it in great shape. Lined up the rotors via a scope. Unstressed the solder points thereby improving the intonation of the horn in all ranges. It has one small dime sized patch on small upper front bow due to an Area of thinned metal. otherwise the horn plays beautifully, has a wonderful tone and timbre to it. Bob Carpenter has played it (Orlando Philharmonic) and noted the wonderful sound and condition of the horn.

I am including a new Miraphone gig bag as well with the horn, value 590.00.
I will send pictures and a video of me playing the horn to those who are interested, just email me at

drw195809@gmail.com" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank

If you are interested in this horn you can contact me at 321-537-3545, I'm located in Central Florida.
Last edited by dweston58 on Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dave Weinstein
Port St. John Florida