FS : Miraphone 188 ($6000) (SOLD)

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
BrassyNathan12
bugler
bugler

FS : Miraphone 188 ($6000) (SOLD)

Post by BrassyNathan12 »

EDIT: THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR INTEREST IN THIS HORN, IT IS NOW SOLD!

First of all, only selling in Los Angeles.. can't afford to ship as a broke high schooler.

Miraphone 188 “Anniversary” CC-Tuba made in 1985 (S/N 12575). :tuba:

This tuba is gold brass with a nickel silver wreath on the bell and nickel silver valve section. It has been very well cared for and is in excellent condition for its age, except for several dents found on the horn. (Doesn't affect the sound!)

The fifth valve has been adjusted by the previous owner, Karl Schimke, down to a whole step. (ex. Low F is 5,4)

Karl Schimke has said "This horn has everything that makes the 188 a perfect “all-round” instrument; it plays easily throughout all registers with a beautiful full-bodied sound and great intonation. The only alternate fingering I use is the usual 1&2 for the mid-register E. I have used it extensively for Solo recitals, Brass Quintet, Orchestra, Wind Ensemble and Jazz/Funk Bands. I am only selling it because I have too many instruments to need an “all-round” tuba."

My teachers, John Van Houten and Joseph Jackson both have repeatedly told me that this is a great horn, so whoever buys this will be a lucky man (or woman)!!

I am the third owner of this horn, with it being previously owned by Karl Schimke from 1989-2016, and the original being Mark Wolfe (former Sacremento Symphony tubist).

Selling for $6,000 in Los Angeles, most preferably near CSULA. Really don't think I can ship this out, comes with a well worn gig bag that holds up very well.

Wanted to sell this because I found another tuba that fits me better than this, :cry:

Will upload pictures later, currently 12 AM where I live so I should go to sleep, email me at puzzlestang(at)gmail(dot)com if you are interested, or PM me here!
Last edited by BrassyNathan12 on Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:01 am, edited 4 times in total.
Eastman 836 - AT3U Gold
B&S 5099/2W - Jerome Wiss "G. Capet" Bass Gold
:tuba:
BrassyNathan12
bugler
bugler

Re: FS : Miraphone 188 CC ($6000)

Post by BrassyNathan12 »

https://photos.app.goo.gl/UZU6na2kWd2LXsii2" target="_blank

Pictures !

It is a bit tarnished, thanks to age but I think it's beautiful and plays really well. :tuba:
Eastman 836 - AT3U Gold
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

I used to own one of these Anniversary Model 188s, and absolutely loved it. I sold it thinking I needed something bigger, but have actually been chasing my tail to get back to the 188, it seems.

I almost bought this from Karl about 6(?) years ago, and talked to him at length about it. I simply found one in the US, and didn't have to try and get it here from Switzerland.

IMO, this version is the best of the best for 188s. If only I were closer, or you were willing to ship!
BrassyNathan12
bugler
bugler

Post by BrassyNathan12 »

bort wrote:I used to own one of these Anniversary Model 188s, and absolutely loved it. I sold it thinking I needed something bigger, but have actually been chasing my tail to get back to the 188, it seems.

I almost bought this from Karl about 6(?) years ago, and talked to him at length about it. I simply found one in the US, and didn't have to try and get it here from Switzerland.

IMO, this version is the best of the best for 188s. If only I were closer, or you were willing to ship!

If I can find a good, cheap way to ship, I will think about it!
Eastman 836 - AT3U Gold
BrassyNathan12
bugler
bugler

Post by BrassyNathan12 »

ON HOLD,

I have around four people interested, and I have to hear back from all of them first.

Thank you all for your interest in my tuba! :tuba:
Eastman 836 - AT3U Gold
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Re: FS : Miraphone 188 ($6000) (ON HOLD)

Post by bort »

This lasted about as long as mine, when I sold it (and for less $ :oops:)

Congrats on the sale!

Would be very cool if Miraphone could be talked into building a brand new tuba in this configuration (and with enough $, I'm sure they probably would!)
BrassyNathan12
bugler
bugler

Re: FS : Miraphone 188 ($6000) (SOLD)

Post by BrassyNathan12 »

sold, thanks for all ur interest
Eastman 836 - AT3U Gold