C.G. Conn Raincatcher Sousaphone - 4 Valves - SOLD Bookmark and Share

Sell personal equipment
Forum rules
This is for selling your personal equipment, but sponsored selling is allowed as well. We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Price, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories) need to be included in the ad, or at least be very clear in link provided. It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay Auctions, but Buy it now listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.

C.G. Conn Raincatcher Sousaphone - 4 Valves - SOLD

Postby Gongadin » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:05 am

The Raincatcher is off to Sunny California, where's there's never any rain....but there's an awful lot of dew.
Here's a description: Up for sale is my beautiful C. G. Conn Raincatcher sousaphone. It sports a 22" bell and has four valves, and basically, it's a Conn 40K with an upright bell. As you know, Conn reused model numbers throughout their history. This Raincatcher is actually a model 36-K. The 36K designation was also used for one of their fibreglass horns. This Raincatcher is silver plated with gold wash inside the bell. It's in excellent playing and aesthetic condition. Valves are in excellent shape. It's been through Greg Hendrickson's shop, and it's in great shape. The sousaphone stand in the pictures is not included. This sousaphone was manufactured in 1922, according to the serial number. I will ship this sousaphone at the Buyer's expense, but I'm also willing to deliver it (after it's paid for) on the Canadian side of the border of Upstate New York, or the border of Quebec / Vermont, or the border of Windsor / Michigan. Of course, you're also welcome to come pick up the Raincatcher in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. I'd rather not use PayPal for payment as they are not a fair company. I'd prefer another form of payment, but we can work something out I'm sure. I may be open to trades, but I'm not sure what I'd trade for! :)
Attachments
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg (94.76 KiB) Viewed 709 times
Last edited by Gongadin on Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
An unstable stable of C.G. Conn instruments.
Gongadin
3 valves
3 valves

Re: C.G. Conn Raincatcher Sousaphone - 4 Valves

Postby hrender » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:41 pm

Nice!
hal.
hrender
5 valves
5 valves

Postby Gongadin » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:12 pm

Pre-XMas Bump.
An unstable stable of C.G. Conn instruments.
Gongadin
3 valves
3 valves

Postby obreitys » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:19 pm

That fourth valve's a nice touch. Definitely not run-of-the-mill. Also, incredibly good condition for a horn of that age!
obreitys
lurker
lurker

Return to For Sale by Owner