FS: YCB-621

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Chris Olka
pro musician
pro musician

FS: YCB-621

Post by Chris Olka »

Hey folks, up for sale is my Yamaha YCB-621 3/4 CC tuba. I purchased this a few months back to take on Cincinnati Symphony's European tour to have an instrument to warm up and practice on when my main concert instruments were in transit. It was perfect for that and served me well. It's an older model with the metal valve guides and is in great working order. All slides and valves move freely and it was just recently chem-cleaned and had a few dings removed. The lacquer is about 75% with wear at all the usual high traffic contact points. It also comes with a plastic Yamaha case and is perfect for traveling with. The previous owner put removable wheels on the bell end of the case. One of them got knocked off before I bought it and I just patched the hole with tons of duct tape. I hauled this thing around most of Europe for a month on planes, trains, and buses. It was perfect for my needs and served me well.

However, I'm not sure when the next time is that CSO will be touring again and I'm still wanting to buy a MW182 for travel and practice so that I can work on solo repertoire while on the road. So, this little guy has got to go. Great little tuba for quintet, young students, Dixie/Jazz combos, etc etc.

Asking $3000 obo plus shipping. Anyone wanting to test it must come to my home. No trials.
Picture links below:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B185_- ... sp=sharing" target="_blank

Thanks for looking,
Chris Olka
Cincinnati Symphony
gionvil
bugler
bugler

Re: FS: YCB-621

Post by gionvil »

Too bad you haven't put it on sale while it was still on this side of the Atlantic!
obreitys
bugler
bugler

Post by obreitys »

Hi Chris, I'm very interested in your horn. Could I PM you?

Thanks
CodyMessersmith
bugler
bugler

Post by CodyMessersmith »

Hello Chris! If the YCB-621 is still available, I'd like to PM you about it. Thanks!
Cody
Chris Olka
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Chris Olka »

Horn is sold pending funds.
Thanks for looking.
Chris Olka
Cincinnati Symphony