King JUMBO 4-valve Sousaphone - $5000 +s/h Bookmark and Share

Sell personal equipment
Forum rules
This is for selling your personal equipment, but sponsored selling is allowed as well. We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Price, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories) need to be included in the ad, or at least be very clear in link provided. It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay Auctions, but Buy it now listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.

King JUMBO 4-valve Sousaphone - $5000 +s/h

Postby KiltieTuba » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:00 am

Nobody thought I would sell it, not even me!

Pictures

Life for this sousaphone started as a three valve that was being played in a German polka band in Florida. I had a lot of work done to this, but the best part was having the fourth valve custom made. Is it a perfect instrument? No, but it plays and shakes everything!

Here's the breakdown of costs on my end:

$3000 (cost of the sousaphone)
$350 extra valve (similar work would have been $1500 to $2000)
$175 tubing (enough for the fourth valve)
$600 new inner branch (fabricated by Daniel Oberloh)
$500 valve rebuild (by Anderson Silver Plating - best in the business - fixed some issue with the custom valve)
$60 valve buttons (from the King 2341)
$1200 Unitec case (custom made for the Jumbo body and bell)

I probably have invested around $6000 into this instrument, but I'll sell it all for $5000 plus shipping.
Located in **Arizona

**Some things to consider:
1. I've got some extra parts in Michigan (braces and some parts that might be useful), the Wenger stand, and the giant case.
2. The Jumbo and the Yamaha Airlift stand is sitting three feet from me in Arizona. I have a box I could ship it in (I think it should fit - my Pit tuba was shipped in it).

Nearest time frame - apart from picking everything up yourself - is sometime Spring 2018, before everything is out here in Arizona. It could probably be shipped on a pallet.

A bunch of pictures are included (the case, what the sousaphone looked like before, some of it polished, the extra "small" bell, and the last gig I did with it).
Last edited by KiltieTuba on Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KiltieTuba
6 valves
6 valves

Re: 1925 HN White KING Jumbo Sousaphone

Postby edsel585960 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:51 pm

I remember this horn in its original configuration. It would indeed rattle the walls and break your back. That bell makes it look HUGE. With all the work done on it would be a great jumbo for the money. :)
20-21 J
22 J
Olds 99
26 K, Wessex Mighty Midget, Cerveny 693, Mirafone 186, MW 20
edsel585960
5 valves
5 valves

Return to For Sale by Owner